---35---

Antonio's gift ceremony is in two days. The town has been talking about it nonstop the whole week, and I've never seen the people so lively before. Everyone is looking for nice clothes and shoes to wear, and the kids can't wait to enter Casita for the first time.

I'm also very excited, but I can't help but feel like I'm missing something.

Mirabel and I have been hanging out every day for the past few days, leaving Camilo mostly with Carlos, though he has been busy taking care of the kids.

We were walking around when we saw Harriet with Aria and Ethan. I kind of almost forgot that Ethan existed. Besides seeing him while eating, he has been very distant. We approached them to not be rude.

As soon as I locked eyes with Ethan, his whole demeanor changed. His eyes widened as if he was looking at a threat, and I couldn't help furrowing my brows when he slightly took a step back.

Aria paid no attention to our arrival, while Ethan was sweating off.

"Are you alright...?" I ask the boy, tilting my head in confusion. His elf ears twitched in discomfort as he replied with a brief nod. "Alright.." I mumble under my breath, trying hard to brush off his attitude.

"Oh! Look at the time! Aria, we must head back to see father." I hear his voice finally speak up, wavering a bit. 

"Awe, do we? What does he want now?"

"To find clothes for the upcoming ceremony. Now let's go," he demanded, a tone of finality in his voice.

"Fine...bye Harriet! I'll see you soon, I promise!"

We also bid out goodbyes and Mirabel came up with the idea to also try and find some clothes for me.

"But I don't have much money to pay for clothes and shoes, Mira."

"I'll cover the expenses, don't you worry!"

"Oh, but I can't accept that!"

"I don't really care." she shrugs.

The town's clothes shop was owned by a very nice lady who gave us many alternatives for dresses, shoes, hats and bracelets.

"Oh, my, God, Y/n! Look at this dress! Go try it on right now!" the girl squealed with delight, throwing me a white dress draped over a hanger.

I went to put it on in one of the changing rooms, not paying attention to the new voices that filled the air.

I looked at myself in the dirty mirror before me and I gasped.

"Everything alright, dear?" I heard the shop owner call out to me.

"Y-yeah...! Everything is alright." I stuttered to respond.

"Come out, then! Let's see how it fits!" she replied.

I pulled the curtain aside to reveal myself, and when I stepped out my eyes found the so familiar hazel ones I had grown comfortable looking into. We held eye contact for what felt like ages before I realizes the proximity we were in, so I pulled my eyes to the floor.

"My, you look gorgeous! The dress fits you perfectly, mi querido!"

"Y/n! You look like an angel!"

I hear Mirabel clasp her hands together and that's when I look back up. I couldn't help noticing the red tint adorning Camilo's cheeks, and I felt my stomach filling with a dozen butterflies, heat rising up to my face as well.

His cousin noticed our flushed faces, and being the good friend she is, she had to make a comment.

"What do you think, Camilo?" she asked, smirking and raising a brow.