---32---

"I'm here! I'm here!"

Carlos bursts through the door and I shot my head up to look at him.

"Took you long enough..." Camilo remarks with a scoff as the other guy walks over to us.

"Well, I couldn't just leave her in the town. I had to wait for her to finally get tired of it and then we came here. In case you forgot, she's staying in this very house too!"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Sounds to me like you just enjoyed hanging out with her."

"That is none of your business. Moving on. Were we right?"

"We were, in fact. Planned to meet them tonight. You're coming by the way." I inform Carlos.

"Sweet, but, how are we gonna leave without getting caught?"

"That's literally the easiest part. We arrange a time and then jump out the window." I explain.

"My, my, aren't you confident about your plan? There are so many things that could go wrong!"

"Like?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"First of all, getting caught. What if someone sees us?"

"Uhh..."

"Then, of course, there's Dolores. And Isabela that has a perfect view of the road we're going on. What if someone decided to check up on you and Camilo? See if you're sleeping. What then?"

"Why is this the only time I've ever been concerned about any of those things, yet it wouldn't be my first time sneaking out of this house..."

"Because I think one step further, and that is way too hard for the both of you apparently!"

"Don't get too cocky," I reply.

"Well, smartass, just so you know, we're not that dumb. Isabela must get her beauty sleep so she goes to bed at around 10pm. Dolores has her earplugs. She puts them in almost every night, and nobody ever checks up on us. Never." Camilo rambles, a smug smirk following afterward.

"Okay, but who asked?"

"You son of a..."

"We have the same parents, idiot."

"Oh. Right."

"You guys can stop arguing. Just like Camilo said, we never get caught, and if we do...we can say that we lost Milo!"

"Good idea, hermosa!"

"Stop calling me that, Camilo..."

"Why should I?"

"Cause."

"Cause what?" he says with a giggle.

"Nothing. Anyways, I'm tired and I really wanna sleep, so can you two leave, please?"

"Both of us?" they ask in unison.

"Yes, both of you. It wouldn't kill you guys if you tried getting along or bonding."

"Whatever." Carlos rolls his eyes.

"Thanks, cya later!"

"Sleep well, Y/n!" Camilo says as he peaks at the hallway.

"Empty. Come on, dude."

Carlos gives me a quick wave and a smile before they both leave for Camilo's room.

I closed the curtains and laid in bed hugging a pillow.

"I miss dad..." I whisper to myself as I snuggled into the covers.

I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep.

~

The sound of knocks at my door woke me up. I got out of bed to open it, and when I do Mirabel is standing there with a grin.