---6---

Camilo and I  picked up the children to drop each at their house. They all wanted to stay longer and have us tell them more stories, they cried, kicked, yelled, threw things, but at the end of the day a hug from me and Camilo calmed them down and they went silently into their house to eat with their families.

After we dropped the last kid at his house we started heading to Casita. Camilo was awkwardly silent. It didn't suit him to be so calm. Or at least I wasn't used to this side of him. Spoke too soon again.

"The kids really like you"

"Yeah, I noticed that."

I looked at him to understand what this whole thing was all about. A genuine large smile was plastered on his face.

"Why so happy?"

"You don't look like the type to get along with kids, yet seeing you so devoted to telling that story changed my opinion."

"And?"

"And from now on you will be my babysitting buddy!" he says while throwing his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into a side hug.

"Alright then. I'll help you look after the kids."

"Really?!"

"Mhm."

He then stops in his tracks, tilts his head to the side, and asks me with a grin:

"So are we friends now?

"Yeah. We're friends. Now c'mon! I'm so~ hungry!"

"Oh! Oh! Maybe Abuela will give us seconds to celebrate your arrival!"

~

"I've never seen so much food in my entire life...next time, please let me help you cook miss Julieta!"

"Oh dear please don't bother your head with this. We just want you to feel at home."

"Yes Y/n, now please, take a seat next to Camilo and Dolores," Abuela said.

Oh great. He better not bother me while I eat. All the food looks amazing and there is so much, but I guess it's a good thing that I get to sit next to my first friend at the table, right?

"Hey you," he whispers to me. "What a coincidence that you now also sit next to me at the table."

"Dolores can hear everything we say."

"Yes I can," she whispers so that only Camilo and I hear, slightly leaning our way.

"Your point?"

"Don't say weird stuff."

"I never do. So what do you wanna do after dinner, amiga?"

"Camilo, please shut up and eat."

"Alright, mama."

What he called me caught me by surprise. I'm his...his amiga! I have a friend! It's like I didn't realize what he was saying back when we were walking, and the information just caught up with me. If only Papa was here, he'd be proud!

"Y/n, please help yourself to some food. I'm sure you're hungry."

"O-oh! Right, thank you!"

I finished eating pretty quickly so I just sat silently at the table to observe everyone.

"How are you enjoying your stay so far, Y/n?" Julieta asked me.

"Oh it is wonderful. I cannot thank you enough for having me here, also, the food was delicious."

"I'm glad you're enjoying it. You can get seconds if you want, and so can everybody else to celebrate Y/n's arrival!"

"You must be an angel," Camilo said, rushing to grab the second portion of food, just like many other family members.