---3---

The moment I'd been dreading for a couple of days finally came. The moment when I will have to get out of my bed and leave my home and father behind, even if it's for a couple of weeks or more. I got dressed and headed downstairs to bid my last goodbye to my papa. This will be hard. We were never apart for longer than a couple of days, and thinking about how the weeks could turn into months scared me.

"Hey papa..."
"Good morning angel. Are you ready?"

"Yes, but no...I don't wanna leave you."

"We're gonna see each other again hija."

"Promise?" I said, holding in sobs.

"I...promise...Now come here."

We hugged for the last time while I cried into his chest. It was hard to be the one to leave the one you love the most in this world.

"Here's your bag. Safe trip Hermosa."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

And just like that, I left my home, the only place I grew up in, along with my father. I left them behind. My vision got blurry quickly as I walked the streets of my village for the millionth time. Since I was little I've always dreamed about the moment when I'd leave this town, never imagined I'd do it alone.

It will be fine! I will come back! I'll come back and find my father home, in the garden watching the sky like he always does, and ill cook for him again, I'll laugh with him again and ill hug him again.

~

All those years I thought that the mountains were close to us, I've been lying to myself. The road seemed endless and my water supply was running out. I was in a forest, climbing up abrupt hills and following the path. I didn't know how much more walking I had to do until I arrived, the trees blocking my way.

I decided to take a break and I sat down under a big tree. I placed my heavy bag down and took out food. All this walking made me hungry. As I unwrapped the meat packed a shuffle was heard from a bush right in front of me.

"Is anybody there-?"

Stupid question, really. Who asks that in a forest??? Me apparently.

"Meow!"

I soon found out that the noises came from a feline. A small and cute furball crawled from the bush towards me. The cat was so beautiful. It had brown fur and green eyes.

"I guess you are hungry too, right cat?"

"Meow!"

"I don't have a lot of food but, here I guess," I say as I rip a piece and hand it out to the feline. It started munching on it right away, and I decided to do the same.

After we both finished eating the cat started purring against my leg and climbed onto my lap.

"You are quite cute. I should name you! You can be my travel buddy now that I fed you!"

The cat just looked at me with wide eyes, like it was waiting for me to name it. Or that's what I think it was doing.

"How about...Milo?"

"Meow!"

"Well then, if you approve, you shall be named Milo!"

After talking to the cat I picked up my things and started walking again. It made me happy to see that the fluffy creature was following me. I kinda felt bad for it, so I decided to pick it up and put it in my bag, its head sticking out. Milo wasn't heavy so not a burden to carry.

~

Another few hours of me talking to myself or Milo and singing out of boredom have passed until I finally arrived at the mountains. Along the way, I have passed a very beautiful and magical-looking like river. I let out a relieved sigh. The amount of pain my legs were in was unbearable. I plopped onto my butt and took Milo out of my bag to play with him. Yes, it's a him. I checked. Luckily the sun was still shining. Dad said I'll know what to do once I get here. I looked around for any signs or instructions carved onto a rock or something. Nothing. The disappointment that I felt was huge. At that point, I was just hoping to be in the right place.

Deciding it wouldn't be good if night came and I was still here, I got up and started looking around more. Nothing seemed to stick out to me, not until little Milo started scratching a rock. I got closer to it and to my surprise, there were some numbers written on it. Like a code.
"3-2-1-2-1," I said out loud. "What am I supposed to do with that?"

"Meow!"

"I don't talk cat."

"Meow~!"

"Hmm..."

Those numbers must mean something. But what? What do I have to do with them? It's not like the mountain had a lock for me to input the code in. But wait. If magic exists, then why wouldn't that be a possibility.

I got closer to the mountain and I started knocking on it. First three times, then 2 times, and so on just like the numbers on the rock. Nothing happened.

"You know Milo, at this point, it would be better if I just went back home."

"Meow."

"Sorry to let you wait! It took a bit before Dolores told me she heard your knocking! Welcome to Encanto, Y/n Hernández!"

"DID YOU JUST MOVE THE MOUNTAIN?!"

"Sure did, kid."