---24---

"Don't make a sound! You hear me?!"

"Loud and clear, now please, get me that freaking food! The pain is killing me!"

"Ok, how about you just wait here. It'll be quicker this way. Try hiding in that bush if anybody comes. Or don't. You look like Camilo after all, so pretend you're him."

"Ok! Now hurry!"

"I'm going! I'm going!"

I quietly walked into the house. This shouldn't take too long. The kitchen is very close. I was holding my breath while entering the kitchen, hoping that nobody else would be there. To my relief the room was empty. Everybody was asleep. I walked over to the counter where some leftover food was and took it into my bag. After that, I tippy-toed back to the main entrance and left the house to get back to the boy.

"Carlos! I'm back!"

"Finally! Now give that to me!"

"Here you go." I say kneeling down next to him.

He immediately snatched the arepa from my hand and started munching on it, a sigh of relief following that. "This is so much better. Tía has the best food in the world."

"I agree. It's very good."

"Okay so, can I go into the house now?"

"Umm..."

"Umm? Umm what? I'm cold!"

"Well I can't have you in my room cause your twin is there..."

"Kick him out."

"Yeah sure."

"Alright let's-"

"Shush! Someone's coming!"

"What?!"

Before he could say anything else I pulled him into the nearest bush and covered his mouth with my hand. I was right. Somebody was coming. And surprisingly enough...it was Bruno, so I got out of the bad hideout and walked up to him.

"Hi Bruno!" I wave at him.

"Kid...why are you awake and outside at this hour?!"

"Because..." I say looking over my shoulder to the bush in which Carlos was in. "Well...long story short we have a guest..."

"A guest?"

"Carlos, will you come out?"

I trusted Bruno enough with this. Sure, I didn't want people to know that Camilo has a twin that doesn't belong in our dimension that seems to not be the only one and that I magically found him crawling out of a lake in the middle of the night, but who would Bruno tell? His rats? That's fine with me.

"I thought the old man was dead."

"Camilo?!"

"No, no. He is Carlos. He's from another universe that's almost exactly like ours!"

"I thought I was crazy for predicting the death of a goldfish..."

"It's true. I'm prettier than that Camilo."

"Right...ill get going now..."

"Wait! Bruno, could you do me a favor?"

"Depends?"

"Okay so...i can't hide Carlos in my room tonight because Camilo is currently sleeping in there so..."

"No."

"But neither of you know what I was gonna say!"

"I'm not taking this strange-looking kid with me."

"Strange looking?! Your eye bags are bigger than your nose! And I'm not going with the old man anywhere."

"Please~! It's the only way you can stay here. One night. I promise I'll find another place for you. Or, you can just go back to your place."

"Fine..."

"Thank you! I'll try to sneak in some wine for you, Bruno!"

"Appreciate it. Now lead the weirdo to my place. You know the way. And you better not mess with my rats!"

"Gross! I'm your nephew after all, you know?"

"I don't really care. Bye."

"Okay... let's go then."

"Are you gonna leave me all alone with rats and a 50-year-old man? Where does he even live?"

"Walls. You better keep your mouth shut or I'm gonna drag you myself back to that lake and throw you in."

"Wow...so aggressive."

"Right? Exactly what I was going for."

"What do you mean by walls?"

"You'll see."

I showed Carlos the way to Bruno's little hideout by leading him to the side of the house.

"Well, here it is."

"Not gonna lie, I pity this man."

"Yeah and I don't think you mean that."

"Cause I don't. I pity myself. Do I really have to stay here?"

"It is your only option. Unless you wanna sleep outside and freeze to death and maybe step onto some more glass."

"No thanks. Can I at least have that?" he says pointing at me.

"My jacket?"

"Yea."

"Sure. Here you go. The rats are friendly so they won't bite your eyes out! Sleep well!"

"You are very helpful. Good night."

"Don't come out of here before I come to get you! Understood?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay...bye."

"Bye."

And with that I left, going back to my room. For a moment I forgot that Camilo was using my bed tonight. I didn't want to wake him up, but I was so tired I needed somewhere to sleep, and because he was taking up all the space, I didn't.

"Milo...? Are you awake?"

No answer. Well no wonder he was asleep. It was past 2 am and we'd been out for hours, getting caught up in a lot of shit. I took some extra clothing off to get ready for bed and tried as carefully as possible to make myself some space on the bed. Of course, Camilo didn't budge one bit, so for me to not fall off the bed I had to cling onto him. I wrapped one of my hands around his waist and pressed my face in his back. It felt very awkward, but he was warm and the sound of his breath was the only thing that could be heard, along with mine. My heart started beating rapidly, but nonetheless, the atmosphere was...calm. Comforting. I enjoyed being around him a lot. Maybe it's because I didn't have many friends growing up, or maybe it's because I enjoyed the attention I was receiving from him, but Camilo feels like...home. We haven't known each other for a long time yet it felt like I've spent my entire life with him somehow. I liked that feeling. A lot. The idea of losing him scared me. I want him to be by my side forever, though that is weird. I should probably get to sleep. Way too much on my mind...

A/n: thank you @CrossingCountry for giving me the idea of having Bruno meet Carlos, and thank you everybody for reading this story. I hope you guys are enjoying it so far! (if you have any suggestions leave them anywhere you want!)