---19---

I started sweeping the petals off the floor. As much I didn't want to admit it, I hated abuela Alma. Sure, she was doing me and my dad a huge favor by letting me stay here, but God, she's just terrible with her family! Who in their right mind would sell off their grandchild?!

The afternoon came by quickly. Before dinner I didn't get the chance to see Camilo again. I'm sure he's anxious for tomorrow, and I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could, but I had some other plans for after dinner.

I headed for the table where everybody else already was. I took my seat next to a very sad looking Camilo.

"Hey," I quietly whispered to him. Meanwhile, abuela was blabbering about tomorrow.

"Hi...sorry I didn't come looking for you."

"Don't worry about it. How do you feel?"

"Shitty."

"Camilo, Y/n, are you two listening to me?" abuela asked.

"No." the boy bluntly replied. "I already know everything, don't I?"

"Just eat and leave in this case."

"Thank you."

He was noticeably irritated and mad at his grandma.

"Camilo, pay some respect to abuela," his father tells him.

"Mhm. Sorry."

The boy finished eating very quickly, got up and left without a word. You could see on Pepas face the concern she had for her boy.

"Mama this is not right! He is just a kid! He has his whole life ahead of him!"

"We already went over this, Pepa. This is necessary!"

"No it is not!" the mother says, slamming her hands against the table.

And with that a huge cloud covered the kitchen and the rain started pouring. I snatched some arepas from the table before they got nasty and wet, placed them in my bag and left.

I made sure nobody saw me sneaking behind the painting and made my way over to Bruno's hideout.

"Hi tío Bruno!"

"Jesus kid, you scared me!"

"Sorry, didn't mean to...here! I got you some food! I'm sorry I couldn't bring anything else. Things are going terrible out there! Have you heard?"

"The whole Camilo thing? Yeah, I did. Not gonna comment."

"It really sucks for him."

While I was talking about different things Bruno was practically inhaling the food i brought.

"It's good, isn't it?"

"Just like I remember them. Julietta's food never failed to impress me. You don't know how much I've missed warm food."

"Yeah, I don't..."

"How did you even end up here? Shouldn't you be with your parents?"

"Oh well, my dad is on a business trip of some sort and told me to come here while he's gone."

"What about your mom?"

"She's...not around anymore..."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know-"

"No, no, it's fine. I didn't get to know her that well anyways..."

"Do you want to see one of my rat shows?" he awkwardly asked.

"Sure! But I don't have much time. I need to get back there before somebody notices I'm gone."

"Alright. So first the actors,"