𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY LOVE
chapter fifty six. this city.

MAXINE TURNED ON HER SIDE trying to get comfortable in bed when her eyes went wide

MAXINE TURNED ON HER SIDE trying to get comfortable in bed when her eyes went wide. "Maverick?"

Maverick smiled, brushing some of her hair behind her ear, "hi my love"

"What—are you real?" She asks, touching his face, not understanding what was going on. Maverick runs his thumb over her bottom lip and says, "of course I am"

Tears start to pool in Maxines eyes, "I miss you so much, Mav"

"I miss you too, princess. Are you taking your medication?"

"Yes" she whispers.

"How are our boys?"

Maxine let out a chuckle mixed with a cry, "Amazing. The best babies in the world. They look just like you"

"You're gonna be an amazing mother, Maxine. I know you will raise them right"

"Please don't leave me" Maxine said, holding onto her husband for dear life.

"I'd never leave you, pretty girl" Maverick said pointing to her heart, "I'm always right here"

Maxine opened her eyes and she looked to see the space next to her empty. She wiped the tears from her eyes, "I love you" she whispered.

"WHAT DO WE GOT?" Hank asks, getting out of his car where Jay and Max had approached him.

"Two GSW's to the chest, one to the head. Chipped. Gang intelligences been here from the jump. Are we assisting them?"Jay asks.

"I'm not sure. Gangs didn't call us here" Hank says, as they spot Ray Price by the body, "alright, work the scene as best they'll let you"

"Copy" Max says before she and her partner walk away.

A few minutes later, gunshots were heard and everyone guns towards the direction of the shooting. Max and Jay, followed by other officers, run around the corner to see a man shot in the back, laying on the ground.

"Fan out! We got him!" Jay yells.

"Hey, back these cars up!" Hank says, walking towards them.

"We're too late. He's already gone" Noah says, standing up from feeling his pulse.

"Block it off" Hank tells Max.

"Everybody move back!" Maxine shouts, "somebody get me some tape before we trample them scene!"

Price walks over to Hank and says, "two generations fighting over one neighborhood. It's not good"

"Yeah, it's called a gang war" Hank says.