𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY LOVE
chapter forty one. breaking point.

"THANK YOU BABY" Maxine said, kissing her husband's cheek, who was giving her a piggyback ride back to the car, so she didn't have to walk on her leg anymore, "you are the best husband in the world"

"I know. And your ass better not be hanging out of that dress"

Maxine raised an eyebrow, "and if it was?"

"Then whoever dares look at you will have a problem with me"

Maxine smiled, lifting her dress a bit then starts to kiss her husbands neck, leaving love bits behind. Maverick tried his hardest not to moan, "Maxine—"

"Hmm" she hummed.

"You're so lucky that I love you"

"Why? Otherwise you wouldn't let me do anything I wanted to you in public?"

"Exactly"

As they get back to the car, Maverick sets his wife down and turns to her, who says, "you didn't like it when I was touching you during dinner with your clients?" Batting her eyelashes.

Maverick cups her face, "Oh, I'm gonna get you back. Don't worry princess" then he leans in for a kiss. Maxine bites his bottom lip and smiles, "okay"

"THE VIOLENCE IN CHICAGO HAS NOW touched elected officials. Outspoken Alderman James Burton of the 24th ward was gunned down this morning in the financial district" A reporter says.

"Hey, no more crutches?" Jay asked, as he and Max got out of their truck. Maxine smiled, "nope. Will says I still gotta take it easy but my legs finally getting better"

"Good"

Hank, Al, Maxine and Jay walk underneath the crime scene tape where homicide detective Novick is, who says, "Streets and sanitation worker found him an hour ago. GSW to the head, TOD between 2 a.m., 3 a.m. based on lividity"

"Witnesses?" Hank asks. The detective shakes her head and says, "No one's come forward"

"Yeah, this place is really dead after hours, Sarg. I doubt anybody was here" Jay says. Hank kneels down next to the body and lifts the tarp up from the Alderman's body as Novick says, "Pockets turned inside and out. Wallet, watch and cell phone are gone"

"Any signs of a struggle?" Max asks. Novick shakes her head and says, "Nope, looks like a robbery gone wrong"

Voight stands back up and asks, "Know what Alderman Burton was doing down here?"

"Drinking at the Crown Pub. Bartender said he was with a banker, Rudy Finnegan, till closing"

"We'll go talk to him" Max says, as she and Jay walk away, as IAD shows up to pick up Al.