𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY LOVE
chapter nineteen. last minute resistance.

"Baby, are you ready?" Maxine calls out from the bathroom

"Baby, are you ready?" Maxine calls out from the bathroom. Maverick sits up on the bed and smiles, "so ready"

Maxine leaves the bathroom in a dark blue and black mixed lingerie set. Maverick gulps, "Wow baby. You look so good"

"Yeah?" She asks, placing her hands on her growing stomach.

"You make being pregnant look sexy"

"I don't feel sexy" she frowns. Maverick gets up from the bed and goes to cup her cheeks, "you are the sexiest pregnant woman to ever live"

Maxine smiles and says, "thank you. I got one more set. And it's pink and red...you're favorite"

Maverick leans in for a kiss, "you're my favorite. Doesn't matter what you wear"

🪩🪩🪩

"What do we know about Burgess' sister?" Hank asks. Kevin walks over to the whiteboard and tapes up her picture and says, "yeah, uh, Nicole Silver. She's in surgery right now with injuries sustained from what appears to be a brutal rape. Uh, she has no recollection of the attack or who attacked her"

"We do know that Nicole was out with girlfriends last night. They were celebrating a friend's birthday." Ruzek says.

"Burgess said that her sisters going through a nasty divorce. She's fighting for custody of her daughter." Erin says.

"We look at the husband?" Al asks.

"Jordan Silver. He's flying back from Pittsburgh right now"

"Hey" Hank says, as Kim walks up the stairs of the unit and everyone stands up, "how's Nicole?"

"She's still sedated. Doctor said she was sodomized. That's why the blood.." Kim trails off.

"Tox report came back" Jay says, opening the file and trying to move the tension somewhere else, "her blood alcohol level was .12, which is not enough to make her black out, but she had enough ketamine in her system to knock out a horse"

"Alright, get the names of the women at the birthday party. Find the bars they hit. Let's go" Voight says, heading to his office.

~~~

When Kevin and Adam come back from the bar, that Nicole and her friends were at the night before,  Atwater prints out a picture of an older gentleman and tapes it the whiteboard and says, "we were able to get one clean image from the surveillance footage to run facial recognition, and found Arlen Pfister"