𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY LOVE
chapter twenty seven. snitch.

Maxine lifts her shirt up and just stares at the fresh ink she just got on her rib cage

Maxine lifts her shirt up and just stares at the fresh ink she just got on her rib cage. her son's footprint that she asked the doctors to print onto a paper for her to keep with the words I love you, written in mavericks handwriting.

"I miss you my sweet boy"

🪩🪩🪩

Hank, Maxine and Al walk onto a crime scene, where they see the coroner's office, wheeling a body away and they walk over to Kevin.

"What do we got?" Voight asks. Kevin puts his hands on his hips and says, "It's uh, two to the chest. Nine millimeter. The casings are right here" then he points to one of the crime scene tags, where the bullet casings are.

"Find a gun?"

"Not yet"

"You okay?" Voight asks Adam, who walks over to them.

"Yeah. This was Kurtis or somebody that worked for him. It had to be" Adam says.

"Well, now we follow the evidence. Grab Upton, Morgan and Halstead and start knocking. We need witnesses" Hank says as he and Al walk away. Ruzek sighs and says, "He was alive when I got here. He was alive, right there. I was trying to help him. Told him I was a cop. The way he looked at me. Pushed my hands away. He knew why he got shot, 'cause I got made and he picked up the tab"

"Hey. I understand. I get it, I mean, you really liked Eddie. But this isn't on you, dog. You didn't pull the trigger, alright?" Kevin says and walks away. Adam looks at his sister who was already giving him the look, "what?"

"You okay?"

"I'm fine, Maxie"

"If you say so" The detective says, holding her fist out. Adam rolls his eyes and gives her a fist bump as they both walk in different directions.

🪩🪩🪩

"I didn't see anything or hear anything" a guy says, sitting on his porch while Jay and Maxine talk to some neighbors about the shooting.

"You live across the street, 20 feet from his house" Max states.

"I was watching tv. Had the volume up. Anything else?"

"You knew Eddie, eight?" Jay asks, earning a nod from the man, "was he a good guy?"

"Great guy"