𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY LOVE
chapter forty. hiding not seeking.
cross over special.

MAVERICK PULLS OVER TO THE SIDE in front of the entrance of the 21st district and parks

MAVERICK PULLS OVER TO THE SIDE in front of the entrance of the 21st district and parks. He quickly gets out and rounds the car to open his wife's door and helps her out. Then he opens the back door to grab her crutches and hands them to her.

"Thank you baby"

Maverick kisses her forehead, "you're welcome my love. Are you sure you don't want help going inside?"

"Mav, I'm fine" Maxine said then looks to see a familiar blonde walking towards them, "see, haileys here. I'm fine, promise"

"Morning Max" Hailey smiled.

"Morning blondie" Maxine smiled, "Hals, this is my husband Maverick. Mav, this is Hailey. I was her training officer"

"Hey, nice to meet you" Hailey greets, shaking the man's hand.

"Nice to finally meet the infamous Hailey Upton" Maverick said and Hailey turned towards her friend with a raised eyebrow, who shrugged, "Look after her, Hailey? The crutches make me nervous"

Hailey smiled, "always"

"Thanks." He said, then leans in for a kiss with his wife, "I love you. Be safe today, okay?"

"I will. I love you too"

Maverick sighed then looked over at the blonde, "nice to meet you Hailey" then he gets back into his car and drives off.

Hailey goes to open the door for her friend and says, "so, do you talk about me to everyone?"

"Yes" Maxine says, making them laugh.

HANK AND NOAH WALK ONTO THE SCENE AT 8412 South Kedvale, where squad three was just called too, where there was a car explosion and then finding out that it is indeed their bomber.

"So the woman in the car is Janet Powell. She's the mother in law of our man, Larry Shepard" Voight says, as he and Noah walk over to Jay, Boden and Kelly.

"We were looking at media targets, not extended family members" Jay says.

"Which means he's escalating and twice as dangerous"

"The laptop this morning, did it help?" Boden asks.

"We're hopeful. I mean, if Shepard requires more supplies, he's gonna have to reach out. I also got Antonio sitting on George Lehr's house in case he tries to make personal contact"

"Hey, you need us for anything else, Chief?" Kelly asks.

"No, you guys can pack up and go" Boden says. Kelly nods, "Squad three, back it up, let's go"