𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY LOVE
chapter fifty. trust.

HANK WALKS INTO THE LOCKER ROOM in his whites where Adam is sitting on the bench in his blues and says, "I told you to walk it back

HANK WALKS INTO THE LOCKER ROOM in his whites where Adam is sitting on the bench in his blues and says, "I told you to walk it back. Tell Trudy's friend it was me who got in the altercation. Not you, me"

Adam gets up off the bench to close his locker and says, "Sarg, listen. I thought about it. I thought about it long and hard, and I just did what I thought was best for you and for everyone else"

"It's not your job to protect me, to protect us"

"Why is that?! Why are you the only one that gets to live by a code? I don't understand. Boss, this is who I am. I'm always gonna do whatever I can to protect you all. It's how I'm built, like Al was, like you were... how Max is. And I just don't understand why you don't get that"

"Because you're not Al! And you're not me. And you're not your sister, she can hold her own because she learned from me. You're a kid. You got your whole life in front of you"

"So does Max. She's got a kid on the way!"

"And how do you think it makes her feel that something bad might happen to you? Who's gonna be there for her then?"

"I can handle whatever comes my.." Hank cuts Ruzek off and says, "We had one chance to make this right, you hear me? One, and you blew it"

"Sarg, listen to me.." Hank cuts Adam off again, by pushing him into the lockers, "This is my unit! My unit! I take the heat, I take the bullets. Is that clear? Is that clear?"

"It's clear. I'm sorry"

JAY AND MAXINE WALK INTO THE DINING HALL at a hotel in their blues where Brennan wants the intelligence team to be in support of a candidate running for mayor. Brian Kelton.

"Thanks for picking me up jay. I can't fit behind the steering wheel anymore" Maxine laughs, placing her hands on her stomach. Since she was 7 months pregnant and couldn't fit into her uniform anymore. She wore a black maternity dress, the nicest one she could find, and wore her police hat.

"Where's Mickey? I thought you'd bring him along"

"Kelly's helping him get ready for the fire academy"

"Cool"

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, if I could have your attention" Brennan annonces, "Thank you. It is a true honor to introduce this man that I have worked with for 27 years. He has protected this city where he was born and raised. He is a true Chicagoan. He is the man that needs to be Chicago's mayor now. The superintendent of Police, Brian Kelton"

Everyone starts to clap as Kelton says, "Thank you, Kate. Thank you all very much. Before I begin, I want to acknowledge the rank and file. Let's show them how we feel" then he starts clapping along with everyone that's not in uniform, "thank you. I may have just seen Sergeant Hank Voight crack a smile. That's real police, best of the best. Now, my opponents talk about unifying Chicago. That's a noble word, 'unity'. But unity to my opponents means working with gangs, creating programs to help gangs. And that's just not what Chicago needs right now, nor is it anywhere on my agenda. Coddling criminals will do nothing to help the law abiding citizens of Chicago. To be clear, I don't wanna work with gangs. I want to crush them" making everyone in the room clap, "Thank you"