𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY LOVE
chapter one. the silos.

Maxine sits up in bed after having a nightmare about Justin

Maxine sits up in bed after having a nightmare about Justin. Maverick instantly wakes up and asks, "what happened?" placing his hand on her bare thigh.

"Nothing" she says, checking her phone, that was on the side table.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I gotta go" Maxine says, then hops out of bed.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine pulls up to the Silos where Hank was the night with Bingham, then exits her car and meets up with commander crowley.

"Detective"

"Commander"

"On the night the intelligence unit was pursuing Justin Voights Killer, I was monitoring the teams radio transmissions and geographical locations. I had your cell phone and Sergeant Voights triangulated the second radio traffic stopped. The two of you were both right here at the Silos while the rest of the team was pinged clear across the city."

"That's right. We were here. This is a place that Sergeant Voight comes to gather his thoughts. And he was reeling after you pulled him off the case, so when I couldn't get him on his cell or the radio, I came here. "

"And did what?"

"Talked. About his unimaginable grief over losing Justin. It was a cop's son that was killed that night, commander. I don't know if anyone briefed you on that."

"So you agree with what he did?"

"I don't know what you're referring to. You pulled us off the case. We complied. As far as we know, Justin's killers still out there somewhere"

"How much longer are you gonna cover for Voight, at the expense of your own career and this entire department's reputation?" The commander asks and Max stays quiet, "does that matter to you? Or have you been fully absorbed into his world? I know you're indebted to him. He took you under his wing, guided you and sculpted you throughout these past years. But it's time for you to think for yourself"

🪩🪩🪩

"Arson?" Jay asks as he walks over to Lieutenant Matt Casey from firehouse 51 at a crime scene.

"No doubt. Strong smell of gasoline, but no ruptured fuel lines or tank. This was definitely a pour" Matt says, as they walk over to the burnt car they had just put out with a victim inside, "victim was probably dead beforehand, otherwise he would've tried like hell to crawl out of there"