𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY LOVE
chapter fifty four. the forgotten.

MICKEY WALKED INTO THE TWINS NURSERY to see Maxine putting Sawyer into his crib and he leaned on the doorframe of the room

MICKEY WALKED INTO THE TWINS NURSERY to see Maxine putting Sawyer into his crib and he leaned on the doorframe of the room. "I've never seen you happier, yknow"

Maxine turned to look at the newest firefighter of chicago and smiled, "I am. I love these boys so much"

"You excited to go back to work?"

Maxine nods her head as she walked over to Mickey and shrugs, "I am but I don't want to leave them"

Mickey cups her face, "they'll be fine. I promise"

Maxine looked at Mickey's pretty green eyes and she melted under his touch, "I know"

Mickey kissed her forehead and said, "you're gonna be the most badass detective I know you can be and me and the boys will be waiting"

Maxine smiled, "thanks Mick"

MAXINE WALKED ONTO THE UNIT, her hands stuffed into her coat pockets as everyone was rushing around and she stood there just watching everyone. Oh how she missed this.

Jay looked up and smiled when he sees his partner looking around and Kevin says, "Look who it is" he smiled and went over to bring the brunette into a hug, which she accepts, "hey Max"

"Hi Kev"

"Good to have you back"

"Thanks. Good to be back"

Everyone gathers around to welcome the detective back and Hank leaves his office. "Sorry I'm late" Maxine said, taking her beanie off.

Hank shrugs, waving her off, "hey, you got two three month old boys at home. It's okay to be late once in a while"

Maxine let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in as she walked over to her desk. "What's going on?"

"Lexie was kidnapped" Adam stated. Maxine sighed, "Not Lexie. Any leads?"

"I talked to a CI close to LeMonte's crew. Far as he knows, he didn't order a hit" Antonio says.

"I ran Lexie's phone records. One caller popped" Hailey says, taping his picture onto the board, "Keith Stinson, he owns Scarlet Lace, the club where Lexie dances. He's got a prior for sexual assault, called her four times. Last call was at 4:22 a.m, and or so before the witness heard the screaming"

"Techs found Stinson's prints in three places in her apartment" Jay adds.

"Well, I'm sure he wasn't happy Lexie was moving back to Ohio" Hank says.

"Right, so he probably went over there, he confronted her."

"Alright, you and me. Let's scoop him up"