𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY LOVE
chapter seventeen. remember the devil.

Maxine looks at herself in the full length mirror, her shirt just above her belly and she sighs

Maxine looks at herself in the full length mirror, her shirt just above her belly and she sighs. Maverick walks into the room with an eyebrow raised, "what's wrong?"

"I'm getting fat"

"You're not getting fat, baby. You're pregnant"

Maxine sighs and turns towards her fiancé who is putting on his tie, "and now I have to find a new wedding dress"

Maverick walks over to the love of his life and kisses her forehead, "you will look perfect in whatever you wear"

Maxine looks up at him with her puppy dog eyes, "really?"

"Yes my love"

"Thank you for trying to make me feel better"

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine walks onto the unit and walks past Will and gives him a fist bump, "hey red"

"Hey Max"

As Maxine was about to take her jacket off, Erin says, "don't get comfy. We got a scene"

Maxine catches up with Jay, who grabs his coat and says, "Hey Jay. Can we talk later?"

"Yeah. Everything okay?"

"Yeah"

🪩🪩🪩

"This is Sergeant Hank Voight. Why don't you tell him what you told us" Jay says, as Hank and Adam join him, Maxine and Erin, who are talking with a hiker wrapped in a yellow blanket to keep him warm.

"I was hiking northeast. It's the 5th anniversary of my dad's death. We used to do the trail together" the hiker says.

"Where was it that you saw this girl?" Ruzek asks.

"Not sure. I lost my bearings Wednesday, saw her thursday. It's friday, right?" the hiker says and Adam nods his head, "I tried to help her. I went after her, but I tripped"

"Do you have any other details about the girl?" Jay asks.

"She was white, uh, about my age, barefoot. She was bleeding, running from something. It was about 5 miles in when I saw her"