Chapter 17

Inferna gritted her denta, and the Wrecker pointed her blaster at her

Inferna gritted her denta, and the Wrecker pointed her blaster at her. "Up!"

Dynama did as told, pushing herself up as Energon trickled out of the corner of her mouth and down her sides. "Inferna..." she started to say, her voice hoarse and glitchy. Inferna shoved her blaster into Dynama's face, and she promptly closed her mouth. 

A few Elite Guard Members restrained her, including Ultra Magnus. Inferna turned away, thankfully her visor and mask concealed her tears. The world around her grew to hazy, the voices of Dynama and the others growing muffled. 

'So, that's where she was. I thought I would be happy when I saw her-'

'But now I just want her to rust painfully in the deepest Pit on Cybertron.'

"Please," her 'mother' cried out. "There are horrible things out there, behind these woods- the Decepticons found Dark Energon, and are giving it out to their soldiers! There is an either brigade behind here, they'll rip you guys apart!"

"Noted," Ultra Magnus said, her voice steely cold, and calm, just like it gets when he's really mad. The Guardsbots lead her away to Primus knows where. 

Inferna caught Dynama's optic for a split klik- she looked frantic as if she was scared of something. 

She went up to the commander. "Sir, do you think she was telling the truth about the Dark Energon?"

"It is a possibility."

"I can go check it out if necessary."

"No, if she is telling the truth, you will not stand a chance against the soldiers." Ultra Magnus said, watching Dynama being escorted through the woods. 

"I'll be high up in the tops of the metal spirals. Please," Inferna begged as if she was a small sparkling. 

Ultra Magnus was silent for a few moments. "Very well," he decided. "But you are not going alone." He pointed to Crosshairs and Dai Atlas. 

"Crosshairs and Moonracer. They are both agile and 2 out of the 3 of us have long-distance weaponry."

"Fine. Just be careful, alright?"

Inferna nodded, and the trio split from the group, venturing deeper and deeper into the forest of metal spirals. 

-

"Sooo back there..." Crosshairs said, running alongside the two Wreckers. 

Inferna brought her blaster closer to her chassis. "None of your business." She snapped. 

"Just asking, no need to act so defensive about it."

Inferna scoffed but didn't respond to his remark. "We need to keep quiet remember? We don't know where the dark energon soldiers are."

They continued to trek through in uncomfortable silence when they heard voices up ahead. Inferna gestured at the other two to stop. 

They climbed up the metal spirals, looking at the soldiers down below. Crosshairs slid his goggles on over his optics, while Moonracer and Inferna used their scopes. 

The Decepticons down below talked in a dialect of Neocybex she was not familiar with- The badlands dialect she assumed. Thankfully it was extremely similar to the dialect found in Kaon, so she could understand some of it. 

"Trypticon...dark energon...Cybertron's core..."

Inferna gestured at her comrades to fall back, and they quickly descended back down the spirals and tore through the forest, back to the main group. Inferna felt herself trembling slightly. 

'For Primus's sake, they really are planning on destroying Cybertron's core! They're going to kill us all!'

-

After they reached the main group again and reported their findings to Ultra Magnus, Inferna sat with her Wrecker friends, the circle silent. 

The commander walked up to them. "Come one, we're leaving."

"Where?" Inferna asked. "Are we going to go to the dark energon soldiers?"

"We are not presently equipped to deal with them yet. Crosshairs showed me the biometric data that he collected of them- quite unusual to say the least. It is like the dark energon has modified their CNA," Ultra Magnus told her. "Anyways, we are going to go to Crystal City- the Decepticons are currently assaulting the city once more and we cannot let it fall."

Inferna stood, and he handed her blades back to her. "Lost these?"

"Thanks," she mumbled, securing them to her waist. "Let's roll."