Chapter 7

Inferna carefully stepped over the bodies of the fallen, prying their blasters and other weapons out of their servos

Even though she was surrounded by all this death, Inferna felt nothing. Strangely, it reminded her of her mother, a strong femme named Dynama.

Inferna kept a blank expression as she walked back up the rocky peak, where the rest of the Wreckers were. 'I wish you were here...'

-

-Flashback-

A sturdy crimson and gold-colored femme sat across from a young Inferna, reading her a story from a datapad in Old Cybertronian.

"Dynama?" Inferna asked, causing her to look up.

"Yes?"

"Why do you speak to me in Old Cybertronian? It is a dead language- we speak Neocybex now."

Dynama scowled. "I speak to you in Old Cybertronian because that is what the Primes spoke. Do you remember what I told you about them?"

Inferna nodded. "They defeated Unicron, the evil one, protecting Primus, our creator. They also helped create life on Cybertron, creating the first Cybertronian."

"Very good!" Dynama patted Inferna's helm. "We speak it to have a strong connection with our roots. Understand?"

Inferna nodded again and Dynama hugged her. "Let's go and see if your father is done with his work. Then maybe we can go to the Hall of Records and you can get some new datapads to read, ok?"

The young Cybertronian grinned and stood, wobbling a bit before regaining her balance. The older one took her servo and led her out of the room.

-

Inferna smiled fondly at the memory as she disassembled the blasters she took from the fallen soldiers, starting to repair the other Wrecker's weapons. She had stopped speaking Old Cybertronian long ago after Dynama disappeared. 

She pushed the thoughts of her mother away as she replaced the broken pieces of the Wreckers weapons, clicking the parts together as fast as she could without screwing up. 

Twintwist, Rack N' Ruin, Rotorstorm, Whirl, and Hotshot looked over her shoulder, watching as she repaired the weapons. 

Inferna turned her helm, glaring. "Do you guys mind?"

The 5 Wreckers walked away, and Inferna looked back down at the weapons, picked up a cracked blaster, and welded the metal together.

Inferna looked over the assortment of weapons that still needed to be repaired and her shoulders sagged. 'This is going to take a while...'

-
[Time Skip]

A few joors later, she was finished. Inferna looked over the newly-repaired weapons, smiling. 

"Alright, I'm finished," she announced, handing the weapons back to the Wreckers that they belonged to. 

"Took you long enough," Pyro grumbled and Inferna turned to him, still smiling.

"Well, the next time you break your blaster, repair it yourself," she said, crossing her arms. "Are we staying here intill another mission or what?" Inferna asked Seaspray who shook his helm. 

"No. We're going to Nova Cromun and staying there for the time being." He replied, and Inferna shouldered her blaster. 

"Alright then. Let's get going."

-

[Time Skip- Nova Cromun]

When they arrived at the edge of the Autobot city-state, they were greeted by a few guards that protected the border. 

"State your business," a guard instructed, pointing his blaster at them. Inferna transformed, and prepared to respond. 

"Stand down," a familiar voice said. "They're clear."

The guards lowered their weapons and backed away, revealing who spoke.

Inferna scowled. "You..."

Commander Ultra Magnus crossed his arms. "You have a lot of explaining to do, Inferna!"