Chapter 16

Ultra Magnus stepped in front of Inferna, shielding her with his body

Ultra Magnus stepped in front of Inferna, shielding her with his body. He fired a shot into the forest, a horrible shriek echoing out in return. 

"What in the Allspark is that?!" Inferna asked, hosting her weapon. 

"Who cares!" Crosshairs shouted back. "Let's just kill it!"

A low hiss came from the forest. "STAY AWAY!"

A quiet tittering echoed around the area, and suddenly everyone stopped. Inferna listened closely, waiting for the sound to come again. 

Inferna aimed her blaster into the top of a tall metal spiral and fired, a small spider-like creature falling out.

The Wrecker ran towards it, Ultra Magnus beside her with his loyal soldiers and Inferna's comrades following them. 

Inferna kicked at the spider-like creature. "By the Allspark, what is that?"

Ultra Magnus inspected it closer. "This is nothing I have ever seen before. I'll look through the data banks later. But right now, we still have to find the voice's origin, and there may be others so be on guard."

She gave the corpse one last look before plowing forward, descending into the darkness. Her mask and visor slid over her face, helping her see better. Some of the bots in the group turned on their headlights as well, though it didn't seem to help a lot. It was as if the darkness was a black hole. 

A tittering sound came from her left, and Inferna whirled to her left, pressing the trigger halfway. But nothing was there. 

She felt her father tense beside her when suddenly a Guardsbot behind them cried out. Both turn, seeing a few of the spider creatures on him, the poor bot trying to get them off. Inferna rushed to help him, tightening her grip on the creatures before pulling on them, but they still didn't come off. 

She pulled out her circular blades and cut them off, and that seemed to be the trick. Once they were on the ground, Inferna quickly crushed them underped. 

A bot-sized shadow passed beside them on the outskirts of the tight circle the Elite Guard and Wreckers alike formed, light illuminated on the metal spirals. "Scrap," she mumbled quietly. 

She threw her circular blades into the darkness again, hearing the satisfying thunk of the blades hitting something. Another low hiss and something leaped out of the shadows, tackling her. Inferna yelped in surprise, trying to push her attacker off. 

Thankfully, Ultra Magnus did it for her, ramming into the mysterious bot with all he had, throwing the bot right into a metal spiral, a sharp crack echoing through the area. 

They let out a loud groan and slid to the ground, coughing out some energon. Ultra Magnus pointed his blaster at them, the bots forming a circle around them, casting their light on them. 

Inferna's optics widened as the femmes gold and crimson glittered in the light, his servos curling up into fists. 

"How nice to finally see you, Dynama," She seethed. 

-

Finally, summer break! Longer chapters coming up hopefully. 

Nothing like listening to a Mirage-inspired playlist while writing:

Honestly, this man (bot? Cybertronian? whatever) is my new comfort character

Honestly, this man (bot? Cybertronian? whatever) is my new comfort character. Love his vibe.