Chapter 5

When they arrived at where the Wreckers were currently, Inferna transformed back to her bi-pedal and looked over the group

Beside her, Wheeljack and Bulkhead transformed as well. "Meet the crew," Wheeljack said, gesturing at the rest of the Wreckers. 

 She was introduced to Fisitron, Hot Shot, Impactor, Jetfire, Moonracer, Kup, Pyro, Rack n' Ruin, Roadbuster, Rotorstorm, Seaspray, Springer, Topspin, Twintwist, and Whirl. It was a small group, but Inferna wasn't surprised. Wreckers only took the most dangerous missions, meaning many bots wouldn't want to join. 

She went to an empty spot near the group and sat down. A teal and green femme- Moonracer was her name Inferna remembered- approached, a sniper-like weapon, much like Inferna's, slung across her back. "Why don't you come and sit with the rest of us? Tell a little about yourself."

Inferna moved to a tiny spot in the loose semi-circle, her shoulders tense. "Well...um...my name is Inferna. I'm from Iacon. I'm an engineer." She shifted uncomfortably. "That's really all the stuff I can think to share with you guys."

"You look familiar," Pyro said, leaning forward. "Have we met before?"

Inferna scowled. "No, we haven't."

"But I could've sworn-"

"We haven't met before," She repeated sharply. That ended that conversation. 

Inferna turned to Moonracer, who was sitting beside her. "Are you from Archon?"

She looked surprised for a few moments. "Yes I am," Moonracer confirmed. "How'd you know?"

"Your accent. I went to visit one time with Ultra Magnus to the colony, to see how the Well on Archon is doing."

Moonracer looked up towards the hazy red, orange, and yellow sky. "I was in charge of preventing bots from disrupting the lighting of that Well. There were a bunch of 'dooms-day' cultists that thought that taking a spark from the original Well to light the Well on Archon would permanently damage the Well of Allspark," she scoffed, shaking her helm. "All of them had more than a screw or two loose."

Inferna nodded, staring at a ruined building in front of her. "So...do you know when is the next mission?" She decided to ask next. 

Wheeljack, who was sitting a few feet away from her, right in between Bulkhead and Kup, shrugged. "No idea kid. They'll let us know where we need to go. In the meantime, we resupply and rest. Refill on Energon, etc."

"Speaking of which..." Moonracer tossed her a refined Energon cube. "Here. You're going to need it, trust me."

Inferna looked down at it, seeing her reflection. Except for a few features, she was the striking image of Ultra Magnus. 

Inferna quietly ate the Energon cube, wondering what if he had found out that she left to join the Wreckers. She felt bad for Lunarquake- he would be the one that the commander would mostly focus his wrath onto. But then again, she couldn't care less. 

A short chapter like usual, sorry. This was really just a chapter to introduce the Wreckers 🥴