Chapter 30.3: Fools in Love

Start from the beginning

"Naruto, I need you right now..."

***

Some people enjoyed silence while others didn't. Sasuke was quietly driving to his house when the girl seated at the passenger seat spoke up.

"Where's Fugaku-san and Mikoto-san, Sasuke? Are they at home?" Karin asked as she emphasized the last word, basically because Sasuke had his own house and his parents did, too.

"At their house, yes." He answered. "So where am I dropping you?"

The red-headed woman shook her head. "I'm going to the SM café. Just going to meet some friends."

"Alright." He nodded as he turned his car to the left and drove all the way to the place.

After minutes of traveling, Sasuke stopped in front of the café and Karin smiled at him. She leaned in and gave a peck on his cheek before stepping out of his car. "I can commute later, Sasuke. You don't need to fetch me."

The ravenette simply nodded before driving to his house. He needed rest; he was tired physically, mentally, and emotionally.

***

"Do you want to eat?" The sun-kissed blond asked as he stared down at the girl lying on his couch.

Sakura plainly shook her head in response without any emotion. Naruto turned his television on and went to his room to change clothes. The two of them are currently inside his condo unit. He actually planned to take her to a restaurant or to the park to comfort her but he realized that it was too cold outside. Sakura also wanted a quiet atmosphere, so the blond offered her a ride home but she said she still doesn't want to return. Left with no choice, he let her enter his unit.

The Uzumaki removed his tie and placed it inside one of his drawers and removed the buttons of his dress shirt. He changed into his usual sleeping clothes after taking a warm shower to clear his thoughts.

The image of Sakura crying earlier never left his head. She hasn't spoken up about it and Naruto didn't want to rush her, in fact he wants her to willingly share her problem to him. The important thing is, she's safe.

The blond only prepared cup noodles for the pinkette since he didn't have any knowledge about cooking. He placed the cup noddles on a tray and walked to the living room, placing it to the table near the couch.

"You need to eat." Naruto said softly.

"I don't want to."

He sighed at her stubborness and frowned, "You look pale, Sakura. Eat up." He ordered while pointing to the chopsticks.

She stared at the food and reluctantly reached for it. She sat up straight and began eating slowly since it was still hot.

"Quit staring." Sakura reprimanded when she realized that the blond has been looking at her for a while.

"Sorry." He apologized with a sheepish smile while rubbing the side of his neck.

The pinkette continued to eat but it was after a few minutes when she returned the cup noodles back to the tray.

"You're done?" With furrowed eyebrows, Naruto questioned as he took one glance to the cup and saw that the food still wasn't finished.

Sakura grabbed a tissue from the table and wiped the corners of her mouth. She gave him a small smile of gratitude, "Thanks, Naruto. I appreciate this."

The sun-kissed blond chuckled and shrugged. "It's nothing. You know I'd do anything for you, Sakura."

"I really wish I could repay you," she let out a light humorless laugh. "You're an amazing guy, Naruto. You deserve someone better. Right now, I admit, I can't return the same feelings... so after this, please stop making all these efforts."

He looked straight to her emerald eyes and sighed. "You don't seem to understand, Sakura. I'm not just doing this because I want you to be mine. I'm doing this because, just like how you treat me, I'm a friend."

The pinkette avoided Naruto's gaze, "I don't want you to fall for me any longer. I'm the wrong girl to love."

A warm smile graced across the blond's lips while ruffling Sakura's pink hair. "Please don't forbid me to love you. I don't need you to love me back. Just let me stay by your side, that's the perfect payment for all these."

*****

A/N

Rescheduled because I haven't edited this lmao I'm so sorry

I'm just too busy with my life rn because of my English Play and projects ; - ;

Fools in Love p3 is intentionally short. Next update will be out in a short while!

Thanks for reading!

~PBPink