Chapter 27: Mistake

Start from the beginning

Urgent meeting for business. Cook yourself dinner, we'll be back tomorrow morning.

The note came from her parents, and she was actually relieved that she had the whole house for herself, because she definitely needed some quiet atmosphere to think and recall what just happened.

The moment she stepped on their kitchen, the door bell rang. Ino groaned and made her way towards the door, opening it.

And it relieved a certain lazy, business man with his hands inside his pockets.

"Can I speak with you?" He asked formally and Ino could feel her chest tightened just by hearing his voice.

***

His heart pounded rapidly in his chest; the feeling of uneasiness and worry was masked by his cool and calm physical appearance. He placed his hands inside the pockets of his jacket, his onyx eyes barely seen because of his hoodie. He wondered how she saw him earlier despite the cloth over his head. Was he too obvious?

Sasuke recalled what happened earlier. The ravenette knew that Ino Yamanaka saw him. It was he, who saw her first but moments later, he felt her eyes fixed on him, that's why he quickened his pace and hid right away.

While traveling on his feet, he asked himself, what if Ino tries to find me? What if she tells my employees that I'm just here? What if... she tells Sakura that she saw me?

His eyebrows suddenly knitted when that name popped into her mind. He shut his eyes tightly in response, as he continued to walk.

After a while, he stopped in front of a big, gorgeous house and rang the doorbell.

In an instant, the gate was getting opened by a certain girl who wore a slight smirk.

She walked towards him and greeted him with a kiss, "Let's go inside, Sasuke-kun."

He stayed silent as the two of them entered the house.

***

"What would you like to talk about?" She answered, avoiding eye-contact with the male.

Shikamaru Nara scanned his eyes on his ex-girlfriend's living room before clearing his throat, "I'm just here to give you something."

He rummaged through his suitcase and pulled out a card-sized envelope, giving it to the blonde afterwards.

Her blue eyes read the entire message inside the envelope, and her heart completely sank.

In the midst of feeling her heart break, she managed to hold her tears back and speak. "You and Temari... I-I see.."

Shikamaru nodded without any emotion, "Well yeah. Both of our parents wanted to invite you and your mom and dad. So-"

"Just what kind of jerk are you?" Ino cut him off with her sharp and breaking voice.

The male instantly reacted to her sentence, "What are you saying?"

She looked up to him and tears unknowingly fell from her beautiful eyes, "What kind of past boyfriend invites his ex in his wedding?!"

There was a hint of shock and guilt in the Nara's eyes. He exhaled, looking at Ino intently, "You didn't think I know that? I'm also doing this for you, just forget about me and start a new life! I don't deserve you!"

The female's chest felt heavy and she could barely absorb what was happening. It was so painful that their two-year relationship ended just because of no specific reason. Everyday, Ino recalled that day when Shikamaru broke up with her, and all he said was, I fell out of love.

And now he's here, inviting her to his wedding. How fucking stupid can that be?

"That's bullshit," She yelled. "Don't expect me to fall out of love just like you!"

He stared blankly at her but deep inside, his heart was shattering with every word that came from her mouth.

"I'm sorry, Ino." He said softly.

Ino tried her best to stop her tears from falling but she just couldn't.

"I just.. I just love you." She stated, "Believe me, I tried to forget you but I just can't."

Out of nowhere, Shikamaru grabbed her wrist and hugged her tightly while whispering 'I'm sorry' over and over again.

The blonde eventually looked up to him, staring at his face. Her eyes traveled from his cheeks and to his lips, which made her quickly lose control. Her next action surprised him, she kissed her.

He wasn't responding to her warm lips but he wasn't pushing her away, too. Although sooner, his hands traveled to her waist and kissed her back with equal passion.

Ino realized this and tears fell from her eyes again. She did not know why Shikamaru did that, but she felt glad once again. However, after a few moments, the male pushed her away that left her confused.

"I'm getting married." Shikamaru emphasized every word that came from his mouth. "My fiancé wouldn't be so pleased if she knew about this. I'm sorry Ino, let's not see each other again."

He ran away, once again breaking Ino's heart.

*****

A/N

Sloppy and short chapter, nonetheless I hope you guys enjoyed, people were nagging me to update so I tried.

AND OMG DAT SHIKAINO MOMENT HUEHUE :"D

I thought it would be more realistic if Ino would initiate the kiss since Shika would never take advantage so yup //wiggles eyebrows (ooc shika tho)

only a few more chapters and your mind will get blown (hopefully)

Sakura doesn't have much appearance in this chapter lol sorry

OKAY, THANKS FOR READING!

~PBPink