Chapter 26: How's Life?

Start from the beginning

***

Mixed emotions enveloped Sakura's chest; she could not even take hold of what was happening anymore. The joy of having a complete family on a perfect occassion almost put her into tears, however leaving her hometown? Her work? Her friends? It confused her. A lot.

America... The pinkette muttered in silence, staring at the old, plain white ceiling at her room. She didn't want to leave Japan, she thought. Kizashi thoroughly explained that once Sakura and Mebuki migrates to the states with him, there's no turning back anymore. They won't go back to Japan.

And it sucked.

But, who was she kidding?

Of course it was not just her friends and work that she didn't want to leave. Because somewhere in the depths of her heart... there was still a small, burning hope within her that maybe... Sasuke would come back. She didn't want to assume and expect that he would actually be there as a reason for her to stay, but she could not stop hoping that someday, he'll show up again.

Even if it was just false hope, she wished for him.

Even if the pain stabs her chest, Sakura still hoped.

She did not want to leave Japan because it was the place where she met Sasuke, became friends with him, loved him and waited for him.

***

"How's your rest day?" Tenten asked in a cheerful demeanor.

Sakura smiled, "Had a family bonding."

The brunette grinned. Even though Sakura's smile wasn't as bright as before, she was thankful and glad that her friend finally decided to stop crying, unlike before.

"I see. So, any plans for this upcoming Christmas and New Year?" Tenten asked, opening her desktop.

"Dad's coming home to America," The pink-headed woman answered. "So it's pretty much the same."

She couldn't tell about her father's plan yet because first, Sakura knew that Tenten's reaction would be unpleasant. And second, she herself was not yet sure if she wanted to leave.

"How 'bout you?"

"Hmm, the usual. My mom and I would go to Osaka since our other relatives are there."

Their conversation was cut off once they heard some shouts from familiar voices.

"Wow! That's sweet!"

"Is that from your boyfriend?"

"Oh my gosh, I wish my boyfriend would give me something like that. He rarely shows me his sweet side."

"Karin, there's a letter! Who's it from?"

Tenten and Sakura averted their attention to their office mate, Karin. She was holding a big, red paper bag designed with small stars. Inside it was a huge, light pink teddy bear holding a heart that says, I love you.

"Looks like she has an admirer," Tenten snickered. "I wonder what kind of guy can take Karin's attitude."

Shrugging, the emerald-eyed lady sighed. "Love is blind, Tenten."