Chapter Thirty

Chapter thirty

Ayaansh and Jaanvi shared a look as they heard the commotion outside. They could hear Aditya yelling and he seemed furious. Jaanvi got up to see what had happened when Ayaansh held her hand, "Don't go." He pouted and she chuckled.

"I need to tell them you are awake and see what's happening." She said and he pouted some more as he let her go and grumpily looked away.

As Jaanvi walked out of the room to see what the commotion was all about, she found her Paa glaring hard at his best friend. Srishti was looking on with a guilty face and she was about to say something when Jaanvi thought it would be the best to divert their attention so that they won't create a scene in the hospital corridor.

"Tee," She called out and all three of their attention snapped towards her. "Ayaansh is calling you."

Relief washed over their faces and they all rushed towards the room. Jaanvi sighed and followed them inside. Srishti was already beside Ayaansh, hugging him close as he consoled his mother. Sahil stood a little far watching his son with a gloomy face whereas Aditya felt his anger returning.

He turned to Sahil, "I am never going to forgive you for not telling me about his condition." He gritted out, fire burning in his eyes.

Sahil tensed and looked at him, "Aditya, I know I should have told you and I am sorry but—"

"Don't fucking start with that but." Aditya snapped and Ayaansh looked at the duo. He was too engrossed in comforting his mother that he didn't realise the fight that had started between his father and Adi.

"Listen to me—"

"I will not! You know Ayaansh is my son and I have done a lot of scheming with him to get you and your wife together but that is not the point right now. The point is, if this hadn't happened today, I would have never known that Ayaansh is sick. You were going to continue to keep me in the dark, weren't you?" He lashed out not able to keep his anger in check.

Sahil's jaw clenched and he gave Aditya a warning look. "Oh no buddy." Aditya laughed humourlessly, "Don't give me that look. You know it doesn't scare me at all."

"Fucking admit it that you broke your promise to not kick me out of your life." The atmosphere turned tense and the stare-off between the two men seemed to scare everyone around.

Ayaansh had never seen Aditya like this before and even though he wanted to speak and tell him that it was because of him that his father did not tell him, he was afraid to get in the middle of their fight.

"I did not fucking break my promise." Sahil said through his clenched teeth as his muscles bunched up. "I can never throw you out of my life and you know that."

"Seems like it to me." Aditya muttered bitterly and Sahil had enough.

"Really? Then I could say the same to you." His voice turned acidic and it was Aditya's turn to stiffen. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't act innocent now. Did you tell me about Jaanvi visiting a therapist all these years?"

Jaanvi's breath hitched at the mention of her past and she could feel her hands going cold. She knew Sahil did not mean to dig up her past to make a jab at her but at that point it seemed like the two of them were using their kids to hurt each other and the worst part was they were hurting their kids in the process.

"Sahil, that's enough." Srishti intervened seeing the situation getting out of control.

Aditya seemed frozen, all fight leaving his body as those words. He swallowed thickly and closed his eyes at the mention of that memory.