Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter twenty-seven

Jaanvi broke the hug and gave him a questioning look. "What do you mean? Are you—are you going back to New York?" She asked, scared of his answer.

He looked at anywhere but her. "I have to." It was a mere whisper but it broke her heart.

"Why are you doing this then? Why do you want to be included in my life if in the end you are going to leave again? Honestly Ayaansh, you are the most selfish person I know." Jaanvi seethed as she felt the rage seeping into her bones. She was hurt more than angry but he didn't need to know that. She glared at him and left the balcony ignoring his calls.

"Jaanvi wait, please let me explain." Ayaansh followed her but she stubbornly ignored his pleas.

"Ayaansh just leave—"

There were knocks on the door again and Jaanvi shared a look with Ayaansh. He sighed and went to open the door as Jaanvi protested because she felt it was too late for somebody to be here. She helplessly watched as Ayaansh walked towards the door and opened it without another thought.

A yelp escaped her lips as somebody zoomed in and hugged her tight saying 'happy birthday'. It was when her eyes landed on Abir behind who mouthed her 'surprise', she realised the person hugging her was Pranav. She relaxed and then hit him on the shoulder hearing an 'ow' from him as he stepped back and rubbed the spot with a pout on his face.

"Great now that the two of you are here, stay here with Kiara and Zavi. I have something to talk to Jaanvi." Ayaansh announced and dragged Jaanvi to another room not giving any of them time to react to his words.

Jaanvi yanked her hand from his hold once they were in his room and glared at him again. "What is wrong with you? I don't want to talk to you!" She snapped not caring about being polite. Just as she turned around to leave, Ayaansh slammed the door shut and locked it making her furious.

"Ayaansh what—"

"Shut up and listen to me first." He growled lowly, his patience running low.

She was taken aback by his tone but as she stared at him, she saw the desperation in his eyes and kept quiet for his sake. A small pout formed on her face and she crossed her hands looking away.

Ayaansh kept a stoic face and asked her to sit on the bed. She obliged with a grunt but still decided to watch the walls of the room. When she felt him sitting beside her, she shifted a little away from him purposely trying to piss him off because why should only he have the fun of seeing her aggravated.

She smirked triumphantly when he sighed frustratedly. "I'm going to leave after a month." Her smirk fell as he said that. She swallowed the lump in her throat and dug her nails in her palms. "And I don't know when I'll be back."

She said nothing not trusting her voice. She felt like she would start crying the moment she opens her mouth to say something.

"Are you going to say something?" Ayaansh asked and she felt his eyes on her. "Why are you telling me all of this?" Her voice was a mere whisper but the silence was too loud for it to be not heard.

"Because I want you to know that if I had a choice I would not go back. If I had a choice I would stay here and spend my time with you, trying to earn your forgiveness. If I had a choice, I would choose you over anything else." His confession was raw and she could hear the slight shake in his voice.

As she slowly turned to face him, she sucked in a breath seeing the pain in his eyes. His eyes were begging her to believe him so she exhaled a shaky breath and asked him, "Why? why don't you have a choice?"