Chapter One

Chapter one

The time was ticking slower than usual. Come on, tick faster, tick faster. He chanted in his mind, staring at the clock infront of him. It was the last class but it seemed to go on, like, for forever.

Finally after waiting for long painful five minutes, the bell rang and Ayaansh heaved a sigh of relief. He could swear, he was going to fall asleep any minute.

History was the most boring subject for him and he could never, never understand why there was a subject to know about the past when all quotes said 'focus on your present and let go of your past'. So please, let him do that. He didn't want to know who was who's son. Or worst, who killed whom.

It all went above his head but he didn't care because this was his last year in school and then he was free. Free from history and its torture.

Packing his bag, Ayaansh got out of the class only to be greeted by his friend from another division. "Hey, Pranav." He smiled when Pranav grinned at him before slinging his arm around his left shoulder.

"Got any plans?" Pranav asked but the alarm bells started ringing in Ayaansh's head at
and question. "Yes, I got to finish my homework." He stated bluntly and removed his hand.

"Oh come on." Pranav whined. "Let's have some fun, bro." Ayaansh rolled his eyes and continued walking, ignoring his whines.

"Why is he crying?" Abir joined him and Ayaansh shrugged. "I'm not crying." Pranav yelled making them chortle yet they still ignored him.

"Wait for me, you─you buffoons." Pranav yelled again and flushed when people around started snickering. He cursed under his breath before running towards his two friends who were enjoying seeing him getting all worked up.

Abir winced, "Ow, you violent asshole." He cursed rubbing the spot where Pranav hit him. When he went to hit the other, Ayaansh turned around and gave him a cold look which had him retreat his hand back immediately.

"Scary dipshit." Pranav mumbled and scowled at Abir who glared back at him. A while later, all three of them were at Ayaansh's place, with Pranav sprawled out on the couch, Abir munching on snacks whilst trying to keep Pranav's foot off of his lap.

Ayaansh returned after taking a bath and noticed the two slouching. He rolled his eyes and walked towards them before smacking Pranav on his head. He hissed as he glared at Ayaansh and then at Abir who snickered.

"Feet off, of my couch." Ayaansh ordered and Pranav stuck out his tongue at him but did as told. Since Sahil and Srishti weren't at home, they decided to watch a movie before studying.

Abir looked at Ayaansh, "Which movie?"

"Let's watch a horror movie." He suggested and Abir nodded whereas Pranav could only widen his eyes. They weren't even asking him as Ayaansh started looking through the list on Netflix.

He clicked on a movie named 'The Invisible Man' and then both of them got emerged into it. It was basically daytime so there was nothing to be scared but what about the night? What if he isn't able to get it out of his head?

"Dude," Pranav jumped when Abir nudged him. "The movie has started." He hid his smirk seeing the former already starting to sweat.