Chapter Ten

Chapter ten

Jaanvi invited Abigail to her place on Sunday. And much to her delight, Abigail had agreed. She was excited for her first official friend, after Ayaansh of course, was going to visit her.

Hence the reason Zevah found Jaanvi running around the house, trying to make it look presentable and clean. She checked on in her room for at least twenty times now to see if the things were organised and kept on their place.

"Maa, is everything looking fine?"

"She won't find it too shabby right?"

"What if my room looks messy?"

Zevah sighed. "Jaanvi, baby relax!" Jaanvi stopped and looked at her mother. "It'll be all fine. She'll like it just fine." Zevah smiled and signalled her to come close.

As Jaanvi sat beside her, she continued, "And if she doesn't —I'll feel bad for the girl." A frown appeared on Jaanvi's face. "Why?"

"Cause she'll lose an amazing friend." Zevah winked cheekily. Jaanvi rolled her eyes but a smile appeared on her face.

After her initial panic settled down, Jaanvi waited for Abigail to arrive and fifteen minutes later the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Jaanvi yelled before running towards the door. Zevah chuckled at her enthusiasm but felt happy for her daughter.

Jaanvi opened the door and found Abigail smiling at her. She smiled back but then noticed someone else's presence as well.

"Hey!" It was Nihal.

"Hi," Jaanvi didn't know why her cheeks warmed but it was awkward. "Come inside please." She moved so that they could enter however Nihal spoke again, "You guys carry on. I just tagged along with Abi to drop her." He gave a smile to Jaanvi and left.

Jaanvi tailed behind Abigail as she nervously walked in, looked around.

"Hey, Abigail!" Zevah greeted Abigail as she stood by the couch. "Hi, Mrs. Singhania." She replied not making eye contact.

Jaanvi knew her new friend was feeling shy and awkward because she would've behaved just the same. She noticed Abigail trying not to be nervous but the way her hands continuously fidgeted with her dress or scraped her nails against her palm, Jaanvi caught her hand, stopping her movements and catching Abigail's attention.

A smile was exchanged between the two, Abigail felt a little relaxed. "You two sit and chat, I'll bring you snacks." Zevah moved towards the kitchen but Jaanvi stopped her. "Maa, you go and rest. I'll take whatever we need when we're hungry. Right, Abi?" Jaanvi didn't miss the way Abigail's eyes lit up at the nickname. She nodded instantly, "Yes. I'm not feeling hungry yet, Mrs. Singhania. We'll be fine. Thank you." Zevah sighed but agreed and left for her room, leaving the girls behind.

────────

Pranav groaned and dropped his head on the book with a thud. Abir seemed unfazed as he continued reading his notes while Ayaansh was busy day dreaming.

His thoughts were now back on Jaanvi and Nihal now that he was done with his revisions. Why was he thinking about them? No clue. But could he stop thinking about them? Nope.