Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter twenty-five

It was too damn bright when Ayaansh opened his eyes and he winced as he got up clutching his head. He even had difficulty breathing and his breath came out in pants. Fuck what was he thinking drinking in this condition?

A glass was thrust in his face and he barely got the chance to look at the person as he held it and took a sip. It was lime water and he eagerly drank it, hoping it would at least ease one of his problems. When he felt like he could breathe again, his eyes followed her frame as she kept the glass on the side table.

"How did I end up here?" His voice was rough as he looked around and realised, he was in Jaanvi's room.

Ayaansh tensed, "If I slept in your room where did you sleep?"

Jaanvi rolled her eyes, "I'm not going to leave my room just because you decided to crash here." She sounded too casual for his liking. "And besides I made you sleep on the floor, so I don't mind." She shrugged.

"Fuck! I'm sorry I..." He paused lost in his thoughts before his eyes found hers. "I didn't do or say anything weird last night, right?" The fear in his voice was apparent as he waited for her answer.

"Well, you don't remember?" She questioned him back and his body stilled.

He swallowed thickly, shaking his head. "If you're worried about doing something weird then don't worry, I would've kicked you out the moment you did."

"And if I said something?"

A hesitant pause.

"Jaanvi, did I say something to make you uncomfortable?" He pressed on the matter. He needed to know he hadn't fucked up his only chance.

She gave up. "You said I am beautiful."

Ayaansh visibly relaxed and released a breath of relief. "You scared me for a second." She gaped at his reaction. What? He hadn't lied.

He got up and marched towards the door, ready to leave because it was clear she was uncomfortable with his presence in her room, but then she blurted out, "You also said you need to make me happy before your heart stops going baddum baddum." He felt her eyes on him as his entire body turned rigid. Fuck.

"What did you mean by that Ayaansh?"

He heard her footsteps nearing him, his grip on the doorknob tightening to the point his knuckles turned white. "Ayaansh?"

"I must be speaking nonsense since I was drunk." His voice was sharp as he glared at the door.

"Oh." She exclaimed and he knew she didn't believe a single word he said. Even if he was sober.

"But then there's that part where I do want to make you happy." He turned, a determined look on his face. Her eyebrows shot up in surprise and his heart sank. So, she didn't believe that either.

She stood there speechless for a moment. With a dejected look, he let out a long sigh, "I'll leave."

"Wait!"

He stopped and gave her a questioning look. "You can't just leave like that." She hissed, pushing him inside her room. Ayaansh looked at her baffled, unable to comprehend what she meant by that. "What's wrong?"

Jaanvi gave him a look. "You really think Maa and Paa knows about you being here and that they allowed you to stay in my room?" Her question threw him off-guard and his mind went blank. They don't know I'm here? Right, why would they allow him to stay in Jaanvi's room if they knew. Then how did she even sneak him into her room?