Chapter Eighteen

Chapter eighteen

Jaanvi reached her car and settled inside. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. He doesn't affect me anymore. She chanted the words over and over in her mind.

With a determined face, she started the car and drove to her home. When she reached, she stopped at the door and tried to listen. She heard Srishti, Sahil, Kiara, her Maa and Paa and of course Zavi. That little devil clearly knew who Ayaansh is but he refuses to acknowledge him.

For a fact she knows that both her parents have told him stories of how Ayaansh was but his reaction would be an angry frown or a disgusted expression. For some reason Zaviyar never liked Ayaansh even though they never met.

Jaanvi tried to listen more closely but she couldn't hear Ayaansh's voice. Was he even here or had he already left before she came because he still couldn't stand her?

With a shake of her head she decided to go inside and do heck with him. It was her house and she didn't need to hide because he was in there. If he had a problem with her, he could leave.

When she stepped inside, nobody noticed her at first. It was only when her brother saw her and ran to her yelling 'Jaavi' did everybody notice her presence. The nickname 'Jaavi' never seemed more cute until Zavi started calling her that. At first she hated that he called her the same nickname Ayaansh used to but then it grew up on her because her little brother would always giggle after calling her that. It would fill her heart with happiness seeing him happy.

Jaanvi smiled as she hugged Zavi who looked up and giggled. But then he stepped away and frowned at her. "You are late. Why are you late?" He demanded, hands on his hips.

Rolling her eyes, Jaanvi leaned down and lightly tapped his forehead, "Why should I tell you? You're a kid." She suppressed her laugh as her brother stomped his foot and glared at her. He looked so cute.

"I'm not a kid!" He squinted his eyes trying to look intimidating. Amused, Jaanvi opened her phone and snapped a picture of his expression. As expected he started yelling and jumping to take her phone but Jaanvi only held it high above her head, chuckling at her mad brother.

"Maaaaa," Zavi ran to their mother when he was unsuccessful and she followed behind. "Maa, Jaavi is bullying me." The younger complained pointing at her.

"Only kids complain to their parents." Jaanvi teased in a sing-song voice.

"Jaanvi." Zevah warned. Zaviyar poked his tongue out at Jaanvi seeing his mother supporting him. Jaanvi rolled her eyes and noticed Srishti and Sahil smiling at the ongoing drama while Kiara and Aditya seemed to be busy chatting.

Her eyes roamed around for that one person but he was nowhere to be found. She sighed and informed everyone that she was going to freshen up.

She threw her bag somewhere once inside her room and plopped herself on the bed. While she stared at the ceiling lost in her thoughts, something moved from her peripheral vision.

Curious, she turned her head towards that direction and a shriek left her mouth as she sat up abruptly.

"What the hell!"

Her eyes grew wide and lips parted as an inaudible gasp left them. Was she dreaming? Or was he really standing there?