Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter twenty-six

Something was wrong.

Ayaansh was acting weird and Jaanvi had no idea why. The more she tried to forget about it and focus on her studies, the more she got annoyed because every time she opened a book, her eyes would skim across the words without registering them in her head.

It was frustrating because then she had to read and re-read to understand what she was going through.

Jaanvi dreamt of becoming a therapist, her inspiration, Serra. She admired Serra for a lot of reasons and really wanted to become like her. She is planning on having a talk with her after her exams and she only hopes there would be some good out of it.

Her exams started two weeks later and she had a lot to complete. Bless her. And she really prayed that Dhruv would not harass her during this time and would concentrate on studying as well.

Mishkat is still on duty whenever she had to go out but these days, she left her home rarely unless something important came up. She decided to skip college because that was a waste of time when all the professors did was revise the lessons, which she could very well do on her own. Attendance wasn't going to be an issue for her, she was sure of that.

A groan slipped past her lips as she read the same paragraph for the seventh time. She needed a break. With that thought in her mind, she put the pen between the page she was reading and closed the book. Getting up she stretched herself and instantly felt her stiff muscles relaxing.

Now time for some stroll outside and for some snacks. She stepped in the kitchen and decided to make some noodles for herself. While she was stirring the noodles, she felt a presence beside her and knowing very well who the person was, a small smile played on her lips as she quietly took out another bowl.

"Are we having noodles?" Zavi asked looking up at Jaanvi with his big, excited eyes.

Hiding her smile, she narrowed her eyes, "There is no 'we' here. Only I am having the noodles. And what are you? A dog? Got a whiff of the noodles and landed here." She kept her face stern and watched as her little brother frowned.

He stomped his foot and whined, "I'm not a dog. Mom, Jaavi is being mean." He yelled in a complaining voice and she chortled but immediately coughed to cover it up.

Since it was a Sunday, everybody was home which meant Aditya was still sleeping and he was not going to let Zevah go unless he woke up. She had to be in his arms for his beauty sleep.

As soon as the noodles were cooked, she gave a slight push to Zavi who glared at her. "Go to her room and complain." She advised and as expected his face turned red from anger as he ran to their parents' room. Jaanvi knew her Paa was going to be cranky after Zavi will disturb them.

She distributed the noodles in two bowls and started eating hers, waiting for the upcoming drama. She wasn't disappointed when few minutes later, Zavi was dragging Zevah out followed by a grumpy Aditya.

"Jaanvi, why didn't you make some for Zavi? And is this the time to have noodles?" Zevah scolded her and her eyes went to Aditya who was frowning with his eyes closed. "Yeah yeah. Are you done? Let's go then." He rasped out, pulling at Zevah's hand.

"Maa, when did I say I didn't make enough for him?" She pointed at Zavi who went wide eye. "Also, Paa I think he just wanted to disturb you because look, his bowl is right here." She showed them the bowl and Zavi's mouth hung open.

"She's lying." He cried out.

Aditya scowled at his son, "Zaviyar Singhania! Stop disturbing my precious sleep and this time I am locking the door." He announced and without allowing Zevah to say anything he dragged her back. What is with the dad-son duo dragging me here and there?