Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter twenty-eight

The rest of the two days in Indore were a little gloomy for the four of them but they tried to show excitement for Kiara and Zaviyar.

Ayaansh had started having random chest pain and shortness of breath during their stay there but he kept the information to himself not wanting to ruin anyone's mood more than it already was.

So when they returned, the first thing he did was contact his doctor, who questioned him about other symptoms and Ayaansh informed about the dizziness and fatigue he had been experiencing.

He was taking his medicines properly but his condition seemed to worsen with each passing day.

The doctor advised him to return to New York early so that he could be under his supervision and care but Ayaansh straight away refused saying he won't leave before the scheduled time.

Besides he had his family and Jaanvi to take care of him here.

Jaanvi had gone soft towards him and she even stopped with her sassy replies. She started worrying too much and as much as he enjoyed her attention and care, he didn't want to reconcile with her on basis of his health.

He didn't want her pity or sympathy. He had promised to win her back and he'll continue to put in efforts for that.

Right now, he was on his way to her place because well, he wasn't allowed to go to work with his Dad until he was all healthy and fine. So, instead of sitting in his house and getting bored he decided to go to Jaanvi's house and...he had no idea what he was going to do there.

"Mom, I'm going to Zee's place." Ayaansh informed Srishti who was on a call with someone. She put them on hold, "Be careful and let me know once you reach there."

Ayaansh made a face. "Mom, I'm twenty-four not five." He complained and she just gave him a look, "And I'm still your mother."

"Fine! Jeez." He grumbled under his breath and left.

────────

Jaanvi's mind was a mess since they had returned from their trip. She couldn't concentrate on her studies because Ayaansh was the only thought on her mind.

How was he doing? How was his heart doing? What exactly was wrong with his heart? How long has he been sick? How long has he struggled with his thoughts all by himself?

She groaned and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. She had to prepare well for her exams and with that in mind she opened her eyes only to let out a small scream.

"Woah! Why are you screaming?" Ayaansh asked, startled.

Jaanvi looked at him with her erratic breathing. He was leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed as he appeared out of nowhere.

"What are you doing here? And why do you keep popping out of nowhere?" The last words came out as accusing as she narrowed her eyes at him.

Ayaansh chuckled and walked in towards her. Instead of asking him to get out, Jaanvi made space for him on the bed and Ayaansh furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?"

"What?"

"Won't you order me to leave?"