Chapter Seventeen

Chapter seventeen

Jaanvi arrived at the cafe, five minutes away from her college. She debated in her mind for a long time and in the end, decided to meet him one last time.

She waved at the barista who smiled at her. It was her regular place to visit until she stopped visiting at all. She really liked the cafe but the coffee didn't taste the same anymore. Maybe it was her, maybe the coffee or maybe the atmosphere, she didn't know but what she knew was that the feelings weren't the same anymore.

"Jaanvi?" She looked up and realised her ex was already here. When did he arrive?

"Why have you called me here?" Jaanvi questioned, not asking him to sit or anything else. She noticed his scowl at her question as he dragged the chair back and settled right in front of her.

Dhruv then leaned forward, "Don't you miss this?" He asked looking around the cafe but Jaanvi didn't do the same. She kept a poker face and stared at him, wanting to know his motive.

She met Dhruv in her first year and he was always this charming guy who had girls whispering about him. The guy was always present in all her classes but never paying attention.

He would either sleep in class or play games on his phone. She knew cause she once saw it as he sat beside her. It irked her so much that she had a scowl on her face for the rest of the class.

"You sure you want to wear that for the rest of the day?" She looked at him and then around her to find the person he was talking to. When she didn't find anyone paying attention, she turned to him and made a confused face.

He paused his game and looked at her. "I was telling you." He pointed at her. "That scowl just doesn't suit you." He smirked and Jaanvi felt her face heating up.

She quickly looked away and ignored him for the rest of the class. Not that he bugged her but she could still feel his eyes on her sometime during the class.

When the class got over, just to avoid the guy, Jaanvi decided to take a stroll outside and come back for the next class. Solely because she won't have to sit beside him.

But just as she stepped out of the classroom, a tap on her shoulder made her stop in her tracks. A groan slipped past her mouth as she noticed it was the same guy. Why was he following her?

"Are you avoiding me?" He was teasing her. She knew from the glint in his eyes.

Instead of glaring at him, she gave him a sweet smile, "From quite a time now. Thank you for noticing."

He chuckled looking down. "Touché. You wound me princess." He pressed a hand to his heart, faking hurt. Jaanvi's face scrunched up at the nickname. She hated it.

"What? Don't like the nickname?" He hummed as he thought of something. "How about little dove? Precious? Sunshine? You choose one."

Jaanvi gave him a look. "I don't even know your name." She deadpanned. He lit up like a Christmas tree. "You want to know my name. You should've told me sunshine." The idiot smirked and she felt like punching him.

"Dhruv. My name is Dhruv."

She tested his name on her tongue and nodded to herself not knowing he was staring at her with a smile. When she noticed it, she quickly composed herself and cleared her throat.