Preview

Steve adjusted the mask on his face, feeling completely stupid. An undercover mission at a masquerade ball was a situation he thought he would never find himself in. Him and the others, had to find where Nat was being held in the building.

Considering it was over 80 rooms, with the best security system, not to mention over 100 security guards and protection detail around the place and grounds, it would be a hard mission, but they had to save her.

Tony was working with Friday, scanning the place as Pietro ran through as many rooms as possible without triggering the alarms, and Scott was searching through the locked rooms with Hope. Wanda was currently working with Loki, trying to read as many people as possible to find out who knew the system.

Rhodey and Thor were taking the perimeter, while Sam, Buck, Clint, and Yelena, all took positions in the main ballroom, ready to move, when they had the signal.

Steve glanced around, spotting each one of his team, and sighed... 'Excuse me..'.. Turning his head, he saw a dark haired woman, with the most amazing grey eyes, framed by a sliver mask. His gaze dropped down over her, seeing the silver silk dress, that looked as though it was molded to her. He cleared his throat and looked back up at her face.

'I'm really sorry to bother you, but there's a man behind me, that had been staring and made a pass at me. Would you mind dancing with me, just to make it look like I'm already taken?..'.. Steve though her voice was beautiful. He could detect an accent, British almost.

He had no idea what he was doing, but those eyes of hers, he felt lost in them. Offering his hand, she took it with a smile, and he led her to the middle of the floor. He took the lead, moving with the music, and ignored the voices of the team in his ear.

'Thank you sir, though I do not have your name..'.. She smiled at him, and he had to suck in a breath. He began to feel as though he was happy drunk on her smile alone.

'Steve. Steve Rogers ma'am..'.. He couldn't look anywhere else but those beautiful stormy grey eyes.

'Thank you Steve Rogers, you're my hero..'... He knew he was blushing, and he didn't care. He just wanted the others to shut up. Reaching up, he pulled his comm out, dropping it to the floor and stepping on it.

'Tell me Steve Rogers, why are you here? Who else is here with you?..'.. She asked, pressing closer to him as they swayed to the music.

'One of our own got taken, Natasha, and we know she's being kept here. Every one of the team is here tonight..'.. He had no idea why he was telling her this, he wasn't supposed to, he knew that, but something about this woman, he couldn't help but answer her questions.

'This Natasha, you feel something for her?..'..

'Yes. Since I met her, I've had feelings for her. After a mission we did, where we kissed, I realised I'm in love with her..'.. Steve mental scolded himself, he was trying so desperately to stop talking. He tried to step back, but she held onto him, tightly.

'Ah, love is so sweet..'.. She smiled up at him, and then glanced off to her left. Steve followed her gaze, seeing Wanda and Loki stood there, watching them. He looked back at the woman in his arms, and she leaned into him, her lips hovering slightly from his... 'But the truth is the sweetest taste of all..'

He wanted to kiss her, but at the same time, he didn't. Something didn't feel right. She pulled back from him, and smirked with a wink, before rushing away into the crowd of people, leaving him stood there, stunned speechless.