Part 17

___________________________

Still flashback
Author pov

Taehyung and Jimin listened to Hyerin attentively as she spoke. By now, tears are pooling up in her eyes, but she still spoke.

Hyerin: Then, after a long flight we landed in an unknown place. It took me a while to recognize the place, but soon, I recognized it as America. Then,  we went out of the airport and a big car stopped in front of us. We got in and went to a big mansion. We started to live there, forgetting about the past and embracing the future. But, nothing is simple in this world, right? Unnie gave birth to a pair of twins on 1st September, 1997. When she was pregnant with the twins, she wasn't happy. She told everyone that she was happy, but she wasn't, I know her. But, after the birth of her babies, she was starting to be truly happy. You must have already guessed it who they are,right?

Taehyung: They are Jeongguk and.......

Jimin: And, Jungkook........

Hyerin: Yes, you're right. They were Jeongguk and Jungkook. We were happily living there. But, one day, we found out about Jongho and Jongdae's secret which they had been hiding till now and that was the most terrifying day ever...........!

Tears made their way out of her eyes and she excused herself. Taking the tissue out of her handbag, she wiped away the tears.

Hyerin: Me and unnie were at home that day, cooking together. Yongchul along with Jongho and Jongdae were at the office. Jungkook and Jeongguk were 4 years old then.

Flashback in a flashback
Hyerin pov

Jungkook and Jeongguk were playing in the living room due to the rain that was pouring outside. Unnie and I were making desserts. We could hear the kids shouting and giggling from the kitchen. But, suddenly, there wasn't any sound. So, me and unnie went to check on them. But, they weren't there. We started looking around, but didn't find them. And, then,

We noticed that the bookshelf was slightly open, which made us frown. We went near that and there was a reeking smell coming from there. We opened the bookshelf to see a staircase leading down. We suddenly heard Jungkook's voice from there and we rushed down, not caring about the smell. It was really dark there, so I went up again and got the flashlight. I was going down there and I suddenly heard a thud along with unnie's yelp. I turned the flashlight, going towards the sound.

But, what I saw next made my blood go cold............... Unnie's eyes were also wide open........... She stumbled upon a m-man's h- head...... Before we could realize anything, we heard the sound of the kids crying. We rushed towards the sound as I helped unnie up. With the help of the flashlight, we saw so many d-dead bodies there. Some were lying here and there, while some were pinned on the wall. Some couldn't be called bodies. Because, they were body pieces. One hand was lying here while the head was on the other side.

All the bodies looked old cause they were stinking pretty bad. There was also blood everywhere. You got that right. The twins, Jongho and Jongdae did all this. They turned their hidden basement into a torture room. As we went deep inside, we saw a chair, no, a torture chair with a little bulb just on top of it. And, the mechanism was already too bad for it to work properly which meant it only provided a little light, so we could see the chair. We heard a sob coming from a corner.

I pointed the flashlight at the source of the sound and we saw the little twins snuggling each other. Unnie and I rushed to them and they flinched at our touch. When they realized it was us, they hugged us and started to cry out how scared they were. We picked them up and made our ways towards upstairs, trying not to stumble on any dead bodies.