Part 12

Another chapter!! 👏😁

Time: The next day
Location: Downstairs, dining room
Hyerin pov

Here, I am sitting in the dining room, sipping my coffee. My eyes are red and puffy because of crying so much yesterday. But, I still can't forgive myself. Because, I couldn't protect my only daughter from them. I was so lost in my thoughts, that I didn't realize Yongchul entered the room. He then hugged me from behind kicking me out of my trance. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"Honey, what are you doing?" He spoke in his husky voice. His face looked so tired, because he couldn't sleep last night, just blaming himself for all that happened.

"Trying to calm my mind a little, but it's not working." I said and sighed.

Yongchul was about to say something, but couldn't, when a cheerful voice echoed through the dining room.

"Mom, dad! Good morning!" She said coming to hug us but halted on her steps when she saw us hugging already. Then, she said cheekily, "Oooooppss! Sorry for interrupting you guys!" She was about to leave but Yongchul stopped her, saying, "You naughty girl! Come here!" Then, he went and hugged her, while she was giggling continuously.

Seeing her smiling like that made me realize that this smile will be gone anytime soon. And it made me tear up a bit again.

She noticed me and came to, asking worriedly, "What happened, mom? Why are you crying?" I have to lie now. "No, it's nothing! Something fell on my eyes! That's why, I'm like this." "You sure?" She asked, still suspicious.

"Yes, I'm sure. Now, sit on the chair. I'll tell the maids to serve your break-" I couldn't finish my sentence as I saw something which made my heart cry out in agony and rage. I saw............

I......saw...........Jina's..................neck....................is..........filled............with........................... H I C K I E S.......

Her neck is like this...........

(Imagine, it's a little lighter than this)

I couldn't protect her! I felt tears in my eyes again.......... Then, I asked with a shaky voice, "Jina, wh-what happened to your neck?" Since she was wearing the outfit below and her already short hair was tied into a bun like below, her neck was even more visible.