The Monster And The Superhero

Eddie jumped as the group slammed the door open

Eddie jumped as the group slammed the door open. "Jesus..."

Dustin raises the bag of food and drinks.

"Delivery service."

Madison shook the bag of goodies as Steve gave him a little wave

He took a deep breath, relived.

"So, we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?"

Eddie didn't hesitate at all "Bad news first, always."

"All right. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like, 100% kind of convinced." Max jumped in

"And the good news?"

"Your name hasn't gone public yet." Madison was about to speak but Robin quickly interrupted

"But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is going to be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak right?" Eddie looked up at the two with sad eyes.

"Exactly"

"So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin pointed out.

Eddie looked at him with disbelief.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?"

"Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds delusional, but we've been through this before. I mean, they have a... a few times, and... and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, and theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I feel we got this."

"We usually rely on this girl who has superpowers. But, uh, those went bye-bye, so... So, we're technically in more of the... Kinda..." Steve explained.

"Brainstorming phase."

"Brainstorming!" Steve snapped at Max.

"There... There's nothing to worry about"

Siren's wail in the distance

"Shit-"

"Tarp. Tarp. Tarp."

They sped through the streets as sirens wail, eventually making a stop. Nancy stopped her conversation with Sheriff Powell and recognized their car, relieved. She stuck her hand out signaling the cops to stop asking questions. Madison looked around, noticing yellow crime tape everywhere. The group sat down by an abandoned picnic table. "You're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?"

Steve shrugged "If the shoe fits."

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse. Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer, or just loves killing teens, we don't know."