The Mindflayer Part 2

Dustin left the room and the two boys followed

Dustin left the room and the two boys followed. He went back with a book and placed it on the kitchen table as everyone gathered around. "The mind flayer,"

"What the hell is that?"

"It's a monster from an unknown dimension. It is so ancient that it doesn't even know its own home. Okay, so it enslaves races of other dimensions by taking over their brains using its highly developed psionic power." Dustin explained

"Oh my God, none of this is real, this is a kids game."

Lucas and Mike nodded as their friend spoke "It's a manual. And it's not for kids."And unless you know something that we don't, this is the best metaphor."

"Analogy,"

Dustin glared at Lucas. "Analogy? That's what you're worried about? Fine. An analogy for understanding whatever the hell this is."

Nancy leaned closer to the table, taking a glimpse at the book.

"Okay, so this mind-flamer thing..."

"Flayer. Mind Flayer," Dustin corrected .

Nancy let out a sigh of annoyance.

"What does it want."

Madison shrugged . " Most likely to take over the world"

"To conquer us. It believes it's a master race. "

"Like the Germans," Steve stated.

Everyone looked at him weirdly.

"Uh, the Nazis,"

Steve obviously didn't pay attention in history class. "Yeah, okay, yeah, the Nazis."

"If the Nazis were from a different dimension. Uh, it views other races like it's inferior to itself,"

"It wants to be able to spread and take over other dimensions," Mike added.

"We are talking about the destruction of our world as we know it,"

Steve threw his hands in the air " That's great, That's just great, That's great, Jesus."

"Okay, so this thing is acting like a brain that's controlling everything, then if we kill it."

"We would kill everything that it's controlling," Mike answered his older sister.

"We win."

"Theoretically" Lucas reminded.

"Great. So how do you kill this thing? Do we shoot it with fireballs or something,"

Dustin chuckled, nervously "No. No, no Fire...No Fireballs. Uh, you summon an undead army, uh, because...because zombies, you know, they don't have brains, and the mind flayer, it...it... It likes brains."

Madison put her arms down on the table.

"Zombies, can't this day get any better."

Hopper slammed the book on the table and walked away