A New Evil

It's night by the time they arrived at Rick's place

It's night by the time they arrived at Rick's place. It is just trees and nothing in plain sight Steve parked in the driveway; the headlights are shut off. Dustin jumped out and went to the door with a flashlight. He pressed the doorbell rapidly.

No response

So, he knocked on the door.

"Okay. Well, that's settled. I guess he's not here."Steve said.

Madison grabbed his arm as he was about to leave.

"Eddie! It's Dustin! Great. Look, we just want to talk, okay? No cops, I swear. We just want to help. Eddie"

Robin and Madison shushed him.He rings the doorbell once again. "Rick!"

He banged on the door.

"Reefer Rick!"

"Don't scream that." Steve scolded.

"Rick! Reefer Rick!"

Dustin turned to the rest of the group, disappointed "He's not here"

"Just... He could just be high. Is that a foot?"

"No, that's a shoe."

"Hey, guys?"

They draw their attention to the Mayfield siblings; they are looking at something with a flashlight in their hands. It is a shed, they walk slowly inside, entering one by one. "Hello? Is anyone home?"

The wooden floor creaks as they take a step.

"What a dump."

There is a massive boat along with other items. Madison looked around the shed just to see Steve with a wooden oar. She gave him a funny look as he walks slowly toward the boat with an oar.

"What are you doing?" Dustin asked.

Steve continued to poke the tarp

"He might be in here."

"So, take the tarp off," Dustin suggested.

"If you're so brave, you take the tarp off."

Max points her flashlight at a table. "Hey, look over here."

There is candy wrapper on the floor, Madison kneels down and picks them up.

"Someone was here."

"Maybe they heard us. Got spooked and ran." Robin suggested.

"Don't worry. Steve will get him with his oar."

"I know you think you're being funny, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times, I don't find it funny in the slight..."

Someone jumped at Steve holding him against the wall. Madison put her hand in front of Max.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Eddie! Eddie! Stop!" Dustin screamed.