The Answer To A Never Ending Story

Three months later

Three months later...

Madison rode her bike to Family Video, she leans by a lamp post, seeing that familiar BMW park, a smile forms on her face, Robin and Steve exit the car and she followed them.

"You put your mom down as a reference?" Robin asked, close to laughing.

"Yeah. Why not? She's, like, super well-respected."

" You're such a dingus." Robin joked

Madison let out a chuckle, its music to Steve's ears. He opened the door so the ladies can enter first.

"Uh, just to be clear, we weren't fired, you know. The mall burned down and, like, killed a bunch of people."

Madison sighed, not wanting to remember that day.

"Thanks for sharing. Didn't know. Keith snapped into their faces. "Three favorite movies, go."

"Uh... The Apartment. Hidden Fortress, Children of Paradise."

After Robin, went Madison. "You, go. "

"Um... The Outsiders, The Breakfast Club, and Karate Kid"

"You, go."

Steve glared at Madison for help. "Favorite movies?"

"Did I stutter?"

He looks at Madison again, "Uh... Animal House, for sure." Um...

"Eyes on me, Harrington."

" Um Star Wars" He hesitated

"A New Hope?"

"A new what-now?"

"Which Star Wars?"

"The one with the teddy bears. Duh."

He tries to imitate an Ewok. Robin puts her head down while Madison puts her hand on her face.

"Oh, the one that just came out. The movie that just came out. The one with the DeLorean and Alex P. Keaton, and he's trying to bang his mom. The time...Yeah, those are my top three. Classics."

He points to Madison and Robin "You two start Monday. You start never."

Robin patted him on the shoulder.

"Will you just, um...Will you give us a minute?"

"Why?"

"Steve,"

Keith made a face at him, he walked away leaving the two ladies there.  Madison stacked tapes on top of each other while listening.

"All right, you have to understand, Keith, I know his taste is a bit pedestrian, but dingus has other qualities."She tried to explain

"He's a douchebag of the highest order, Robin,"

"He was a bit of a prick to us in high school, I'll grant you that, but he remains...a total chick magnet. Go ask Maddie."

" Hmmm"

"Yeah, okay, and this is relevant to me how?"

"Uh, Earth to Keith. The ladies will come in just to see him. They'll come in droves. Droves, Keith. We sold so much ice cream, they had to get a second shipment in from Michigan. Goddamn Michigan, Keith. And these ladies...These ladies are hot. They're so very hot. And there are too many of them for little Steve. He needs assistance. He needs your assistance, Keith."

He put a Cheeto in his mouth. "What in it for you? You got a thing for him or something? "

Steve knocked down a cardboard cutout of Phoebe Cates in her iconic red bikini.

"Goddammit. This is..."

" We're just- we're just friends"

"She isn't wrong about him being a total chick magnet, I'm his girlfriend."

Steve motioned to the cut out. "OH! Fast Times. Fast Times. Ever heard of it? Top three for me, Keith."

She started to smile. Madison clenched on her stomach laughing. Thanks to the two ladies, Steve got the job

————————————————————

Madison biked to the Byers House. Steve offered her a ride, but she wanted to take the bike. Today is the day they move to Lenora, California. The boxes served as a reminder when she moved from San Diego to Hawkins, not knowing what life awaits. She entered the house, rearranging some boxes. Madison went inside Jonathan's room just to find his forehead on Nancy. It's kinda broke her heart, just thinking about being that far away from Steve and her sister.

"Hey, um, sorry to ruin the moment. But is this yours by any chance?"

Jonathan looks at the box . "Yeah, that's mine, Thank you."

"You lived in California, right?"

"Yeah, but in San Diego, not in Lenora. But Lenora's nice, there's a roller-skating rink and a pretty good Pizza place."

Madison stepped inside examining the empty room.

"God, I hate this part about moving, it's like your whole life is packed away in a box."

Jonathan sighed in agreement. "Yeah."

Madison pulled him into a hug, they weren't super close but regardless they were friends and had some things in common. They like photography, hated being the center of attention, and Rock artists like David Bowie

"Guess it's time to get going ..."

She went outside and pulled Eleven into a tight embrace, tears fell on her cheek silently. Max has really bonded with her since they were basically going through the same thing. Dead brother, "Dead Father".

Eleven continued to cry and cry, not wanting to let go. "I'm going to miss you."

"Me too"

She hugs Will now, patting his back reassuringly. The poor boy didn't want to leave at all. As everyone said their final goodbyes, the car went away to the distance, life isn't the same anymore. The Mayfield siblings biked back to their house quietly. Max arrived first and opened the door.

When Madison went inside, she noticed her little sister walk into Billy's empty room.Madison put her hand on her shoulder, rubbing it with her thumb.Two weeks after the battle, he was buried, and Neil started to drink more. They hated him, sometimes even wishing for his death, Madison didn't expect it to happen so soon.

A part of her wishes that things were different but the other is relieved considering he made their lives a living hell. She kind of missed hearing loud rock music from his room, the house is quite empty without him.

A/N: I'm sorry I took so long to finish S3, I've been a bit busy. I will start on S4, let's just say things get intense.