Chapter 19: Arya VS Twin Dragon Slayers

Start from the beginning

"When Zeref declared war on you guys and attacked the country...I was more eager to help you guys out..." The light dragon slayer murmured. "But during that battle, we faced our most humiliating defeat. We had some...causitalies too..." He clenched his fits tightly.

Gajeel squinted his eyes, as he recalled that event during the war. He faced off against one of the Spriggan 12 who was responsible for taking out many of their allied forces. He knew just how deadly that encounter was since he nearly lost his life in that battle too.

"During that time, I began to wonder if I was fit in being the master of my guild..." Sting continued. "My reckless decisions lead my guildmates into despair. Even if we were able to successfully counter attack and avenge those fallen, I still think about that day..."

The Fairy Tail mages showed gestures or expressions of regret, with the exception of Natsu who continued to stare at his fellow dragon slayer.

Sting looked up and chuckled. "And here I am again. Making a reckless decision that could potentially affect my own guild that I should be leading..."

"But...you know this is different right?" Carla hesitated.

"I know that." Sting answered and abruptly stood up. "But after everything that happened and knowing your next move, would this be a good choice for me to make?"

Rogue was the next to stand up as he placed a hand on his master's shoulder. "Y'know, I'm pretty sure Yukino and the rest would've been more than happy to help out if they were here." He encouraged him with a warm smile.

Natsu approached Sting as the latter raised an eyebrow. The fire dragon slayer proceeded to get on his knees and place both palms on the ground. He lowered his head and spoke. "I understand what you mean. But we still need your powers!" He began to beg which caught everyone off guard.

Sting reeled back. "N-Natsu?! I didn't expect this!"

Erza went towards Natsu and crossed her arms. "Natsu, I understand your feelings. But you should be more considerate. He already got us here, that was enough help. We can always use Gajeel's abilities if we must."

Natsu however, did not move or respond. He awaited Sting's answer. The Sabertooth master proceeded to facepalm and laugh loudly.

"C'mon Natsu! That look doesn't suit you, it's so uncool." Sting joked as he pointed down at him. "Don't get me wrong, I still wanna help you guys. But you Fairy Tail wizards should promise me one thing!" He announced as he looked up at the rest of the wizards.

Sting smirked and clenched his fist. "You guys better be there for Sabertooth if they need help, y'hear!" He declared and raised an arm towards Natsu. "Let's shake on it?"

Natsu looked up before closing his eyes and smiled brightly. "Of course! You rock, thanks!" He thanked before grabbing Sting's hand and firmly shaking.

"I guess this means Sabertooth is officially part of your alliance for this mission then?" Rogue questioned with a smirk. Sting responded with a light chuckle and rubbed the back of his head.

Carla sighed in relief before realizing something. She turned her head to Chelia. "This could mean your guild could get involved too, are *you* fine with this?" She asked.

Chelia giggled and playfully poked Carla's forehead. "Don't forget that you and Wendy were members of Lamia Scale!"

The Exceed rubbed her forehead before mumbling. "But you came here without their permission..." She then huffed and smiled, having a feeling that her previous guild would've helped no matter what.