Chapter Six, Part Three - No New Friends

Tidus didn't kiss me like a lover, but more like a stranger or maybe someone he missed. And even though I knew it didn't mean anything and that I would probably regret it later I kissed him back, wishing it could last an eternity.

Claudia's groan snapped us back to the present. Tidus was at her side in an instant. He knelt beside her as Claudia opened and closed her eyes with another groan. The next time she opened them they were their normal grey.

"Claudia?" Tidus rested a hand on her shoulder. "Are you ok?"

Claudia said nothing. Her eyes were wide and glassy, as if seeing Tidus for the first time. Out of nowhere she shook off his arm and fled the room, muttering about needing a drink.

Tidus and I stared at one another, nonplussed. Whatever Claudia had seen had clearly taken its toll on her. It left me wondering if her vision was good news or bad.

When Claudia returned it was with a glass and a half empty bottle of Jack. Wordless, she dropped heavily into her seat and perfunctorily unscrewed the bottle's cap. Her hands were shaking.

"What is it?" I asked slowly. "What did you see?"

"I know what I saw, I'm just... having trouble explaining it."

"Try," Tidus urged.

Claudia's gaze snapped on him but she looked away almost as quickly. She drained her entire glass and poured another. "The same vision as before – she kills you. You're dead. On the ground."

"I jumped to my feet. "You're wrong. I'm telling you – I'm not gonna kill him."

"Then explain why I saw you standing over him, Naomi."

The three of us passed looks from one person to the next, trapped in an ugly triangle. Claudia was shaken and I was numb. Tidus was the only one who didn't seem worried.

 "I think I could use one of those drinks," I said.

"Yeah. I'll go get you one ..." Claudia replied. Looking lost she retreated from the room.

"Tidus... I'm not the bad guy here. It had to have been someone else that hurt you."

He narrowed his eyes. "She had the same vision twice, Naomi. I think that means something."

"So I guess you made your decision. I'm guilty, right?" Bitterness, hurt, and anger overcrowded my fear. "Well if you really believe that then why are we still talking? Make your move, hot shot." I steeled myself, preparing for the worst.

"Seriously?" Claudia's voice came from the doorway. She looked from me to Tidus and back again. "Yes, please, by all means – duke it out. Have a Vampire-Werewolf showdown and destroy my trailer in the process."

With an exasperated sigh she marched into the middle of the room and poured us both a shot of liquor. Without taking my eyes from Tidus I downed the drink on the spot. He did the same.