2.8

Alice's instructions were clear, but the question remained

Alice's instructions were clear, but the question remained. Why would she and Jasper leave at the moment we needed them most? What did they know? Our search for witnesses began with a trip to Virginia, Mystic Falls

As Kayden drove the rental car through Virginia they were relieved when they finally came across a sign that said they had reached Mystic Fallas, "are you ready to face them?" Kayden asked as he looked over at her slightly.

Elliana looked back to him, "Honestly no" this make Kayden look back over at her, "I mean don't get me wrong but I have no idea who were looking for" she explained as they started to drive into town.

Elliana found herself fidgeting with the ring Alec gave her, she quickly pulled it off her finger and shoved it into her jack pocket. Kayden frowned slightly as he saw the action but knew it was justified seeing how he betrayed her. Lightly he took her hand into his and gave it a small squeeze  before looking back to the road only to swerve off of the road when he saw a person laying in the road.

"Ellie?!? Are you okay?!" Kayden gasped out as he looked over the girl frantically.

Looking back over towards the road she saw the person was gone, "what the hell was that?!" She asked desperately as she watched the woods.

Elliana froze when she saw something move, he gave a questionable look before she quickly threw open the door and ran out into the surrounding woods, she turned in a slow circle as Kayden came running behind her. After hearing movement above them they moved to be back to back as they watched the surrounding forest.

"Well well well, what do we have here" Elliana looked up to see a brown haired man staring back at her a few feet away from her.

He stood before her as a woman with brown hair and green eyes walked closer to Kayden, Kayden pulled Elliana closer to himself as he tried to protect her. The woman watched them with a small smile as the two circled them like hungry predators, they kept glancing at Elliana as if she weren't real.

"Are you Elliana?" The man asked as he traced her jaw with his pointer finger, Kayden growled lowly as he pulled Elliana impossibly closer, "we heard you were looking for the- Virginia or New Orleans coven" Elliana felt her face drop at his words.

"You- you know of the covens?"

The woman smiled as she got in Elliana's face, "you could say that" she said smugly before reaching out and snapping her neck making Kayden let out a yelp and he watched her go limp.

Before he could do anything the man jabbed a syringe into his arm, the world slowly started to turn around him as he desperately tried to hold onto Elliana as his body collided with the ground. He watched the duo above them watch with small smirks before he closed his eyes.

🌘🌑🌔

Elliana was the first to register the sound of someone talking around them, "are you sure they are the ones?" A male asked.