2.4

Alec watched as the rest of Sams pack ran away from Jacob, Seth and Leah who were watching him with betrayed expressions

"Why the hell did you give them Elliana?! They'll kill her!" Leah spat as she pushed Jacob slightly.

Jacob stood with a frown, "they won't kill her, they think she's still somewhat human!" Jacob yelled, "as long as they don't piss her off before I kill that thing we'll be good" he defended before pushing past the siblings and walking back towards the Cullen house.

Alec stood flabbergasted for a moment, after he regathered his barring's he took off after his mate, he had some struggles following her sent but finally managed to track her back to Kayden's house.

He checked that he still had his things before he walked into the house, Kayden set her down on the upstairs couch then pulled a blanket over her, now that she was in the light she looked almost gray with veins covering her showing skin.

A sudden breeze cut through the small lounge and a sickening earthly smell of rained on dirt and a slight smell of iron, flooded Kayden's senses making him whip around only to come face to face with Alec.

Kayden growled lowly causing Alec to raise his hands in surrender, "I mean no harm I just wanted to give you something to help my mate" Alec said before he slowly slid his hand into his coat to pull out two blood bags.

The wolf boy watched him skeptically as he placed the blood bags on the counter, "what are those for?" Kayden asked as he motioned towards the blood bags.

Alec gave a small smile, "well I know she'll never want to drink from a human she needs to have some sort of blood when she wakes so she won't go tarring through half the town" Kayden eyes the blood bags with a sad look, "you know she's still the same girl you grew up with right?" Alec asked lightly as he picked up on the boys sorrow.

"Yeah except now she has a blood lust" Kayden mumbled as he looked to his feet, "fuck that Denali coven woman" he said with a frown catching Alec by surprise.

"Wait you don't blame me?" Alec asked confusedly.

Kayden gave a small smile, "you tried to save her, you gave me more time with my best friend" he mused with a gentle look, "I don't blame you for what Irena did- how could I when Elle loved you so much" Alec slowly started to smile at the wolf boy.

"When she wakes tell her I will be back" Kayden smiled and nodded at Alec before he disappeared as quickly as he came.

🌘🌑🌔

Elliana stirred in her sleep slightly before she launched up gasping for breath as her hands clawed at her throat, Kayden quickly ran over to her side with a cup of what looked like fruit punch but it had a iron smell.

"Hey Elle I got you something to help" Elliana watched him for a moment before hesitantly taking the glass and downing it quickly.

The color started to return to her slowly the more she drank, once she finished the glass she looked to Kayden as she slowly lowered the glass to the table, "how long was I out?" Elliana asked softly as she wiped the back of her hand over her mouth.

Kayden smiled, "a little over three hours but Alec came by, said he'd be back soon" Elliana smiled slightly at her best friends words.

"Wait you two talked?"

"Well i was planning on killing him but yeah we had a good conversation" Kayden said cheekily as he sat down on the floor by her.

Elliana gave a questioning look, "what changed your mind?" She asked softly with a knowing smile.

Kayden rolled his eyes while trying to fight back a smile, "he reminded me of how your the same girl I call my best friend with the exception of a slight blood lust" he said with a smile as he tilted his head back to look at her.

She smiled down at him before messing up his hair, the downstairs door suddenly slammed open as the sound of multiple people walked into the house.

Elliana shot to her feet at the same time as Kayden did, "KAYDEN" Sams angry voice called as Kayden grabbed his best friends hand.

Without a word Kayden released her hand and made some movements with his hands when she realized it was sign language she watched his hands closely, 'Hide or sleep' he spelt out.

She nodded as her eyes moved to scan around the but when she couldn't find a significant hiding spot she resumed her position on the couch as Kayden pulled a thick blanket over her to hid how fast she was breathing.

Elliana slowed her breathing until it evened out and looked as if she was sleeping, she closed her eyes as the footsteps came closer from the stairs.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Sam seethed as he walked up to the boy, "and I thought you were taking her to Emily's?" He said motioning to Elliana's sleeping figure.

Kayden looked back to the girl hesitantly, "I was but I thought it was safer here for the night. Why what did I miss?" He asked with a curious gaze.

"Bellas dead and Jacob imprinted on that demon" Elliana felt herself flinch at Sams rough words as she withheld a gasp at the new information.

Sam caught the movement and furrowed his brows, he quickly walked over to her and roughly pulled her up despite the rest of the boys protest.
Sam pulled her up off the couch as her eyes shot open in fear, her eyes frantically looked over his face as she made a noise of protest.

"What do you know?!" Sam shouted before he threw her into a wall.

Elliana slid down the wall as a light groan escaped her lips, all of the boys started to push him away as Kayden rushed to her side.
Kayden lightly pulled her up as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Let's get out of here" he said quickly, she nodded as he got onto her back and she used her super speed to get them out of the house.

🌘🌑🌔

The trip back to the Cullens was quick but they stoped out the outskirts of the woods when they heard and smelt something had followed them, "go to Jake I'll see who the intruder is" she said as he nodded before running towards the house.

She walked back into the woods as Kayden ran to the house, she walked a few more steps before something hard slammed into her sending her flying into a tree.
Kayden stoped at the sound and was about to turn back when Alice came out of the house, she looked around frantically but stoped when her eyes fell on Kayden.

"Alec's here with someone else" Alice said as she pulled the boy into the house.

Kayden started back at the woods with wide eyes as she watched something move, he hoped it was Elliana but had his doubts when he saw two figures inside of the singular he was hoping to see.