0.13

Elliana was forced to stay in bed for the past few days at Sam and Emily's, the wolf pack took shifts watching over the girl, that was until paul came up for his Night Shift with a cheeky grin

"Hey little dove you ready to break out of here?" Elliana's eyes widened in shock but nodded none the less, "alright lest bust this joint!" He said excitedly before throwing the girl his coat.

"I really hate being a party crasher," Bella whispered. "Technically, you're a Council Meeting crasher. See. The Council leaders, Dad, Kaydens dad, Quill's grandpa, and Sue Clearwater. She took over for Harry when he died."
" Jacob, I shouldn't be here." Bella argued, stopping herself from walking any further."I thought...I mean, they thought it would be good for you to hear the histories."
"The histories ?" Bella questioned." The tribe's
histories? Aren't they secret?"
"We all got a role to play, and you're a part of
this. I mean, it's the first time Seth, Leah and Quill are hearing them, too, but you and your sister are the first outsiders. Ever."
Bella groaned, looking down at her clothes," If I
haven't known that, I wouldn't believe you and
would've dressed better."
"It's about time you two got here." Seth said as he walked up to the two.
"Paul's been hoovering the grub, but I saved you some burgers."
"Good looking out, Bro," Jacob said, then
turned to see Bella was just standing there the
whole time. "Bella, this is Seth Clearwater, Leah's brother. Newest member of the pack."
" Newest, bestest, brightest-"
"And slowest," Jacob said and began to play
fight with Seth. I laughed, standing next to
Bella, watching the two go at it. A loud whistle
went off, making them stop and turn to us.

" Come on. Your dad's about to start." Seth said
to Jake before he ran off back to grab some hotdogs.
Bella looked over everyone but stopped when her eyes landed on her little sister who had a big plaster on her neck. Elliana was buried into Kayden's side as Paul sat next to her with his hand on her knee in hopes of keeping her warm, Carlisle had come over yesterday and diagnosed the girl with Anemia. Which ment she had a hard time with keeping her body temperature the same because of the amount of blood she had lost in the forest. Even with the two boys projecting their body heat onto her she was still shaking lightly.

" The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the
beginning..." Billy spoke, starting off the
stories." But we've always had magic in our
blood. We were great spirit warriors.
Shapeshifters that transform into the powerful
wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies
and protect our tribe. One day our warriors
came across a creature. It looked like a man, but
it was hard like stone and cold as ice..." Elliana flinched at the mention of vampires, which caused the two boys next to her to tighten their grip on her. "Our warriors' sharp teeth, finally tore it apart....But only fire would completely
destroy it. They lived in fear; the Cold Man was
not alone. And they were right. She took her
vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief,
Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save
the tribe after his son was killed. Taha Aki's
Third Wife could see that he would lose...The
Third Wife was no magical being, no special
powers, but one. Courage. The Third Wife's
sacrifice distracted the Cold Woman, long
enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved
the tribe. Over time, our enemies have
disappeared. But one remains. The Cold Ones."

Elliana met eyes with Bella seeing she looked down at the ground in shame.
"Our magic awakens when they near. And we
sense it now. We feel the threat in our blood.
Something terrible is coming. And we must all
be ready. All of us." Billy Black finished as he glanced at Bella then Elliana but to thee he gave Elliana was filled with more pity as she was so young and barely survived a attack from the cold ones.
Once the stories were over, everyone started to
disband again, doing their own thing. Quil,
Jared, and Embry were laughing and throwing
fire poppers on the ground at each other.
Elliana was talking with Leah as Kayden had his arms wrapped around her as she started to shake more violently and Paul stood close by the trio. Leah looked at the small girl then looked to the two boys who were close to her she nodded her head in Elliana's direction and the two boys seemed to catch on.

"Hey Els why don't we head back to Sams place" Kayden said softly and started to move her to start walking. Paul was quick to be by their sides as they started to walk away and back up the trail to the main road.

🌘🌑🌔

Once Elliana was back in the guest room of Sams house, the two boys wrapped her in some fuzzy blankets to help her keep warm. Kayden was sitting on the bed as he held her to his chest.
"Alice said at the last training session that Riley and Victoria think your dead, but I wouldn't put it past them to be lying just to protect Bella" Paul rolled his eyes a the thought of Bella Swan and the Cullen clan. They brought nothing good to Forks and he wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the last thing the brought here.
"Yeah but how much you wanna bet the leaches are just saying that so we will give her back to them so they can offer her up like an offering" Kayden sneered at the mere thought of what the leaches would do to her now, they were so hesitant to save her the night she was attacked.

They probably would have let her die if it were up to them, "El? Your awful qui-" he stopped his sentence and he looked down to the shaking but sleeping girl. He looked to Paul with a hint of fear in his eyes "I feel like she's only getting worse" Paul nodded in agreement but looked at him seriously "yes, but remember what that leach doctor said. It could take her four to six weeks to get back to her normal self" Paul though as he recalled what Carlisle had told the pack.
"But we don't have four to six weeks! We have to leave in two days for the battle! She's been here for three days" Kayden shot back as he wasn't about to leave his best friend unattended, the thought alone scared the crap out of him.
"Easy Kayd, I'm not the enemy here. You know you could stay back with her and Emily" Paul kept his face calm as his eyes scanned over the younger boy, he looked stressed out as he had spent almost every night with the girl which was useful as every time she started to stir in a nightmare he was there to wake her before they got too bad.
"I just don't want to let her down again or the pack" Kayden thought as he sighed in defeat as he played with Elliana's hair, she was like his sister, and that's how she saw him too.
Even tho at times they seemed closer than they were, they were always there for each other.
"You aren't kid, you've just got priorities and she's the top one for you" "thanks Paul" and with that Paul quickly and quietly made his way out of the guest room but not before turning off the lights. This battle wasn't worth it, Elliana was presumed dead by the newborns, she was officially save.

Or so everyone thought