Part 33 The Hike

Raya's POV:

After everyone's ready, Nathan, Julian, Livvy and I get in the car on our way to Livvy's granddad's house to collect Charlie. When we get to Livvy's granddad's bungalow, Livvy gets out of the car to go and collect Charlie I see them talking her granddad seems such a lovely man who loves his grandchildren but something tells me Livvy is his favourite that's when I see a playful, happy puppy in the door and he just bounces all over Livvy "hiya gorgeous boy" says Livvy as she gives Charlie a fuss "here you are love" says Livvy's grandad handing her Charlie's dog bed and food and water bowls "thanks for having him granddad" says Livvy "you're welcome love always a pleasure" says Livvy's granddad "I'll tell you about the party later on this week when I come down for an hour after work" says Livvy "yes that would be lovely right I best let you get off then bye lovey" says Livvy's granddad kissing her on the forehead "bye granddad" says Livvy and with that Livvy's granddad shuts the door and that's when that silly doggy voice comes out "we going for a walkie Charlie boy" as they walk to the car "Julian can you open the boot and can someone help me with the dog bed please" and with that being said Julian opens the boot of the car, and I get out and grab Charlie's dog bed and put it in the boot, Livvy lifts Charlie into the boot and shuts it before we return to our places in the car and get ready to go for a walk. In the car, Charlie comes up behind where I'm seated and sniffs me "Hey up gorgeous boy" I say giving Charlie a fuss "So where are we going for this walk Liv?" I ask "There's a place not too far from my auntie's house which is about a 10 minutes walk from here it's quite a beautiful place got a lot of woodlands, a lake and loads of rocks to play on used to be a place I went when I was younger with my grandma and granddad so a lot of happy memories," says Livvy "sounds nice," I say "it's beautiful honestly Raya if you're a scenic person this will be the place," says Livvy I smile and we headed for Livvy's favourite place.

When we got there my god it was beautiful Ackersworth Park, surrounded by dusty trail paths, Charlie the dog was let out and Livvy grabbed his lead and clipped the latch to his collar ring, and we all started to walk I was taking in the scenery as we made our way over this stone-made bridge to where the rocks for Charlie to play on but all I can do is take in the sights of woodland and dusty trails, the scent that winter's nearly gone early spring smells drifting in my nostrils, my feet just walking next to Nathan as we're hand in hand. 

Eventually, we make it to the lake, it's so pretty that it's covered in rocks, grass and tiny snowdrops "You were right Livvy it's beautiful here" I say as I take in the fresh air "told you" says Livvy cheekily, Charlie is let off the lead and just jumping on every rock he sees fit "I hope he doesn't go in the bloody lake" says Julian almost recalling the countless times he's been on walks with Livvy and Charlie "why has he done that before?" I ask "Numerous times and then we've got to put up with the smell of a wet dog in the car and in the house," says Julian I laugh "It's not funny it takes 3 air fresheners at the house and two of them Little Trees to drown out the smell," says Julian Livvy shakes her head and rolls her eyes "he doesn't smell that bad," says Livvy "he does," says Julian arguing back, I go and sit on one of the rocks something I love is the seasons of Spring and Summer just the thoughts of what's to come up in the coming months as just the feeling of the sun on my skin is enough to make me feel better about everything eventually Nathan comes over to me "you alright?" asks Nathan "yeah I'm good just can't help but take in the beauty of this place," I say "yeah I know soon it'll be spring and things can start happening again," says Nathan "I know the feeling," I say and I carry on looking out to the lake.

Nathan's POV:

Just looking at Raya on that rock her feet curled up she looks just like Ariel from The Little Mermaid, her dark hair curled around her face still as she looks out onto the horizon, "hey Raya" I say after a few more moments of admiring her, Raya's head turns to my direction "what?" says Raya them damn one-word answers again "I've really enjoyed your company these last two days babe" I say "me too babe been a good two days" says Raya I smile at her as she takes in the lake for a few more seconds until I hear "oh for god sake Charlie!" shouts Julian I look. There's Charlie in the water "Get here now!" "Oh Jules leave him he's having fun" protests Livvy "Won't be fun for me when I have to nip into the garage for two Little Trees" snaps Julian, Charlie paddles up and comes out of the water with the most solemnest face and walk I've ever seen a dog do as he comes up to me to avoid being shouted at by Julian "did you go for a little swim Charlie boy?" says Raya cooing at him and giving his wet fur a few strokes, "should we head back?" I say "Yeah can do Nathan can you tell Missus to be that she owes me a few quid for them Little Trees?" says Julian cheekily "Get fucked you!" exclaims Livvy and with that we make our way back to the car.

In the car back to Julian's house, we have Charlie smelling like well, a wet dog, and we have Julian still bitching about his car stinking, but despite that, I have Raya in the car and we keep looking at each other and grinning trying our best not to get involved in Julian's pettiness, as honestly, it's a wonder how our Livvy stays so level headed despite the petty tantrums our Julian is known for.