chapter 36

xx

xx

Tommy

She was gone and nothing else mattered.

Sabini's men had taken Elena while Tommy had been working in the legal office, not even ten blocks away. Worse it had been over twelve hours for him to learn she had been taken and not a single remaining Peaky Blinder had any information about what happened. He had only known Campbell's threats had been true when he arrived back at the apartment to find a letter from Sabini waiting for him.

Elena has returned home

-D.S.

The hours since finding the letter had been a blur. He remembered sending Scudboat to gather the others before losing absolute control. His fault, all his fault. He had failed the one job he had promised himself he would never fail.

"Tommy," a small voice broke through the rage.

Tommy looked up to see his youngest brother anxiously standing in the doorway. The apartment was in shambles. Little was spared from Tommy's unleashed anger.

"What Finn?" He asked through clenched teeth as he tried to reign all the emotions back in. He needed to be in control, he had to come up with a plan, he needed to do something.

"We're all gathered in the betting hall" he added still looking at Tommy and the apartment with wide eyes.

"I'll be there in a minute," Tommy breathed out before turning from his brother.

He tried to get his breathing under control as he looked at the carnage. The framed photo of Elena remained untouched on his nightstand, it was one of the few things to have survived unscathed. He loved that photo, she had been so happy that day. He hadn't seen a smile like that on her face in months.

In his destruction, he had time to think about all the courses of action. He wanted nothing more than to rally a troop and drive to London tonight to try and get her back. But they had so few men left, he knew they wouldn't survive. It would be a suicide mission that wouldn't help her.  The only feasible option was Derby Day. Sabini would no doubt be there and while Tommy was dismantling Sabina's empire and taking care of the assassination, he could send a small group of men to get Elena out.

He hated the plan, it meant Elena would be in Sabini's grasp for far too long. But there was no feasible outcome of her getting out any other way. He had failed to protect her and now she would pay the price.

xx

As Tommy entered he felt all eyes go to him, all except John's. He was surprised to see both Ada and Michael at the table as well. Ada should be in London while Michael should still be in jail but clearly, he had missed a lot of things. None of that mattered now anyways, all that mattered now was destroying Sabini and getting Elena back.