chapter 11

xx

xx

Elena:

Elena stared in the mirror as she fixed her dress. Tommy was at the other side of the room finishing getting ready as well. Today was to be John Shelby's wedding day, even if he didn't know about it yet.

The last few days had passed in a blur with Elena and Tommy spending every spare moment they could together. Elena hadn't even been back to her apartment for two days; Tommy Shelby was a very persuasive man when he wanted to be.

"You look lovely El" Tommy said coming over to pull her into an embrace.

"Do you think John will be mad?" Elena asked knowing that today could either go very well or very poorly depending on how John reacted to the news.

"He might be at first but once he sees his bride I think he'll forgive me," Tommy said quietly as the pair still held each other. Despite how he acted with others, as their relationship had become more serious Elena had found that Tommy greatly valued physical touch. He would absentmindedly grab and hold her almost to ensure that she was by his side

"Do you wish she was your bride?" Elene asked only half joking.

"Not for a second. I got my sights set on someone else" he said giving her a squeeze before leaving to go find his brothers. Today was going to be interesting, to say the least.

xx

"We're here today to join in matrimony this man and this woman" Elena heard the officiator say as she approached Tommy with Ada and Polly. They were running a bit late as it had taken some convincing to get Ada to come. As Elena approached Tommy he put his arm over her shoulders pulling her close to his side.

"You look well" Elena heard Tommy whisper to Ada as the officiator carried on the ceremony. It meant a lot to the whole family that Ada had come. As the bride flipped back her veil, Elena watched as John assessed her before sending a smirk to his brothers.

"Told you my plan would work" Tommy whispered into Elena's ear a matching smirk on his face.

"You are far too cocky for your own good" Elena whispered back softly elbowing him in the stomach.

"I'm surprised El got you to come," Tommy said to Ada turning his attention back to his sister. He shouldn't doubt her persuasion when he so easily folded to her will.

"She said there was a truce plus I couldn't say no to seeing Thomas Shelby officially with Elena could I?" Ada answered and Tommy pulled Elena closer in response. Elena felt her cheeks burn at the last part. As Polly and Ada had learned of their relationship today she could have sworn they were ready to throw a bloody parade for how excited they were.

"Your husband couldn't make it?" Tommy asked.

"He's not speaking to me. And when he does he calls me a fucking Shelby even though I'm a Thorne now" Ada answered. Elena felt for Ada who was stuck in a feud between Tommy and Freddie. The last thing the poor pregnant girl needed was more stress.