chapter 15

xx

xx

Elena

"Sabini. My full name is Elena Sabini"

Seconds passed as Elena observed the full range of emotions pass over Tommy's face before a cold rage settled into place.

"Tommy! Let me explain" Elena said hurriedly. He needed to hear the whole story. He needed to understand.

"Get out" Tommy responded to her in a cold quiet voice.

"Listen to me! I'm not-" Elena started again. If he could just hear her out he would understand. He would understand why she hid her identity, he had to.

"I don't give a shit" Tommy roared coming to his feet to stand over Elena. Despite all that Tommy had done, Elena had never feared him. She trusted he would never lay a hand on her. But the rage in his eyes at this moment made her second guess. Elena watched helplessly as he threw on his clothes, a silent rage continuing to grow.

"You don't understand" she whispered pulling the blanket closer to her suddenly becoming aware of how cold the warehouse was.

"You're right Elena, I don't understand. I don't understand how you could lie to me for months. I'm sure your father would be so proud of his little spy. Did he pay you extra to sleep with me or was that free of charge" he spit back. Elena felt her heart breaking at how quick he was to assume she was a spy. How quick he was to believe that she would have lied to him for months.

"Tommy I'm not a sp-" she continued. She wanted to scream at him, profess her innocence. But anything she said at this point would be taken as a lie. In Tommy's head, she was guilty the second he heard her name.

"Save it for someone who cares." he interrupted again turning away as if the sight of her was too much to bare. "Get out. I won't ask again" he replied in a quiet voice.

"Where am I supposed to go?" she asked tears coming to her eyes.

"I don't care. But if I see your face again I swear to god I will put a bullet through your head and deliver your body myself back to your father" he said. Knowing there was nothing else she could do, Elena quickly slid back on her clothes clenching her fists trying to keep the breakdown in at least until she got out the door.

Elena spared one last look at Tommy who was shaking his head still looking away.

"For what it's worth Tommy I really did think I was falling in love with you" she whispered not even sure if he heard as he continued to face away from her.

Elena felt the flood walls break as she stepped out in the night. Tears continued to flow as she stumbled down the dark alleys trying to find someplace to lay low. She truly had nowhere to go, she had no one.

Tommy

It had all been a lie. The whole thing had been a lie. Elena had lied to him the whole time just to get close to him to get information back to her father. And he had been stupid enough to fall for it. Stupid enough to think anyone could love him without reason.