chapter 25

xx

xx

Elena

Tommy sitting shirtless next to her on the bed while he read paperwork was not a bad sight to wake up to, Elena thought to herself as she first opened her eyes. It had been a couple of weeks since the pair had returned from London and things had been relatively quiet. Both of their injuries had mostly healed, though Tommy still checked daily on the status of her various broken bones.

"Morning," Tommy greeted in his deep morning voice as he sat down the papers to give her his undivided attention. They both were so busy running the Peaky Blinders and Shelby company that early mornings and late nights were the few times they just got to be in each other's presence.

"How's the house looking?" Elena asked as she sat up and scooted into Tommy's arms. He had been out dealing with getting the final details of Polly's house ready last night and had arrived back after she was already asleep.

"It's all clean and dusted just like you wanted" he answered. When Elena had visited the house it had been gorgeous and a place she knew Polly was going to love but she did make the boys clean it before today so Polly could move right in. "I still wish it was a house for you" Tommy continued as he stroked her arm.

Tommy had wanted to buy Elena a house right away but she had convinced him to wait and purchase ones for Ada and Polly first. She was happy living in the city and being so close to everything right now. She knew one day she would want the big house and sprawling land but for now, she was content.

"I'm happy here for now, I told you that. Plus someone has to look after Finn" Elena answered. Someone had to keep an eye on Finn or he might burn down all of Small Heath if left to his own devices.

Tommy grumbled in unhappy agreement.

"I missed you last night," Elena said changing the subject as she leaned her head back to stare into Tommy's eyes.

"Guess I will just have to make it up to you this morning then," Tommy said a mischievous smile coming to his face as he pulled Elena on top of his lap so that she was straddling his thighs.

"We have to be at the betting halls in thirty minutes," Elena said laughing as she cupped Tommy's face with her hands.

"Guess we'll have to be quick then"

xx

It was 35 minutes later when Elena and Tommy entered the betting halls. Luckily they had made it before Polly and those five minutes had been well worth being late.

Elena gave Tommy's hand a quick squeeze before going to stand next to Finn.

"You even managed to brush your hair this morning," Elena said in astonishment as she took in his appearance. She had told the youngest Shelby to look nice for Polly's birthday and for once he had listened to her. Elena reached out to smooth down his jacket as he attempted to shove her off.