chapter 14

xx

xx

Tommy

"Tommy you have to follow me" Tommy was just leaving his house to meet Elena at the Garrison when his youngest brother intersected him.

"What is it, Finn?" he asked seeing the terror on his brother's face.

"The grave, it's been dug up" Finn replied. Tommy felt his heart drop in his stomach.

Tommy quickly followed his youngest brother to the grave and stared at the upturned ground beneath him. The guns were gone, they were actually gone. And just like that, all of Tommy's plans for the future were gone. Now he had no leverage and there was nothing stopping Inspector Campbell from arresting him, or worse.

"There's going to be trouble now, Finn," Tommy said turning to his brother. He wanted to scream but he couldn't do that now, he needed to act or be caught.

"You look after yourself, do you hear me? I'm going to be going away for a while. But first, we need to make a quick stop" Tommy said turning to leave the grave not having any more time to grovel over the missed opportunities.

"Where are we going?" Finn asked jogging to keep up with him.

"To find Elena" Tommy answered

Xx

Tommy entered the Garrison to see Elena working quietly at the desk outside of Arthur's office. She had recently taken to getting her secretary work done at the Garrison so she wasn't alone when Tommy was out doing business. She turned her eyes away from her work at the sound of the door opening, smiling to greet Tommy and Finn. Tommy watched as her smile quickly fell as she observed their worried looks. She stood as they approached, her face already appearing stressed.

"Are you okay? Is everyone okay?" She asked her eyes roaming over Tommy and then Finn for any signs of injuries.

"Finn, you go outside and be lookout" Tommy yelled at his youngest brother as he pulled Elena into the backroom ignoring the disapproving looks of Harry and Grace.

"I'm going to have to lie low for a while" Tommy whispered taking El's hands.

"Why?" she asked.

"I lost my bargaining power" he answered gripping her hands harder.

"The guns? How could they have found out about them?" she asked panic coming across her face. He knew that Elena cared just as much about the success of the Peaky Blinders, so the loss of the guns wasn't just a loss for him.

"I don't know and I don't have time. This copper, it's just me and him now. When I get back... we can look into how this information got out," he answered. He hated to leave Elena but he had no choice. He had no idea for how long he would have to go into hiding but he just hoped Elena would stay safe throughout all of it,