chapter 22

xx

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

xx

Tommy

"El" Tommy whispered shaking the sleeping girl as he climbed into bed. Her hair was strewn about as if she had a fitful night of sleep.

Tommy watched as her eyes fluttered open and a smile came to her face. As he settled in next to her he noticed she was wearing one of his shirts as her sleepwear.

"How was London?" Elena asked sitting up to move closer to Tommy. Tommy had never thought he would have been one to cuddle but after being with Elena he couldn't imagine sleeping alone. Just to be in her presence and feel her head on his chest while he fell asleep was enough to keep the nightmares away most nights.

"I think Sabini will get the message," he said softly as he pulled her in closer.

"Please tell me that at least the Eden club is still standing," she said her voice still heavy with sleep.

"I can proudly report I did not burn the place down" he answered. When Elena heard just how violent it had gotten she might not be as happy but that was a later problem.

"Remind me tomorrow to talk to you about Polly," Elena said after a few minutes of silence. A quick look at her face showed that her eyes were closed and she was on the brink of being fast asleep.

"Okay, El" Tommy whispered as his own eyes started feeling heavy.

"Tommy, thank you for coming home. I was worried about you" Elena said softly as she snuggled in. Tommy had no doubt Elena had barely slept in the hours he had been gone.

"I'll always come home to you," he said quietly unsure if she was even awake to hear. He would destroy the world to make it home to her.

xx

Tommy prowled through the streets on his way to the betting halls.

It had taken a few hours for him and Elena to pull apart this morning and he still wished he was in that bed. He had filled her in on what went down at the Eden club, a paired-down version at least, and she had filled him in on Polly. He had no idea what would have caused Polly to go see a medium but he would find a way to get to the bottom of it.

Tommy finally reached the betting hall. He quickly walked through the busy desks until he reached the back office where he was to meet Polly.

"Newmarket was profitable," Tommy announced as he came into the room. Elena had filled him in on how crazy the betting office had been yesterday and made him promise to buy her a new typewriter for having to manage all the bets with only half the usual help. He had already ordered the typewriter for her last week but he kept that to himself.

"Arthur told me how you left your message. And when I asked him where his medicine was, he said you poured it away," Polly said cutting straight to the point. He really needed to remind Arthur to keep his mouth shut.

Canary - Thomas Shelbyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें